Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yugo 8x57 Surplus... M75? definitely yes!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar

Yugo 8x57 Surplus... M75? definitely yes!

As per SFRC forum, yes I would be interested in Yugo M75 ammo. Will fit my Zrak scoped Yugo M98 "Tandzara" perfectly. Keep us updated as per price and quantity. Would you take an honored down payment?

I understand Turkish surplus 8x57 is the hottest available. I would not purchase or shoot an excessive amount of it. I see it as a novelty round. Selling it in small quantities would be the most appropriate "If" you were to bring it in.

Would be interested in newly manufactured European loaded hunting and target ammo. PPU 8x57 IS 175 grain PSP BT, 196 grain SP, and 198 grain FMJ would be perfect. Would buy a case or two of each.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

I would definitely be interested in M75 ammunition.
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

Here is some further information for my inquiry of PPU ammunition.

Here is a box, it does exist. I had to link to a Polish site.

THIS...

NOT THIS...

(search 8x57 IS and 8mm Mauser under sport&hunting) There is a difference between the two. One is hot, one is not
    A-575, A-128, and A-213 are what I am looking for.

If we can get Sellier & Bellot... why not this.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."

Expired Business
    BEAVER MEAT;

While we do appreciate your offer of a down payment, I must decline.... In our almost 30 years of business Marstar has never accepted a down payment or deposit on anything not in the warehouse here in Canada....

"I understand Turkish surplus 8x57 is the hottest available"
    It is plain dangerous, period.... We turned it down that's why.... 55,000psi is considered a working load for that caliber, the tests we had performed toped out at over twice that, way above proof loads.... many a good gun was ruined with that ammo....

" I see it as a novelty round. "
    I see it as deadly, far too dangerous, besides we would never be able to get an import permit for this ammo

John

is there any 8mm at all out there?
    Definition of a veteran - Whether active duty, retired, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, signed a blank check made payable to "The People of Canada", for an amount "up to and including my life."

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post

" I see it as a novelty round. "
    I see it as deadly, far too dangerous, besides we would never be able to get an import permit for this ammo

John
    You are right, thanks for the reality check. I read of many shooters down south using with no trouble. But I guess K98s are a dime a dozen for them.

But I am still interested in hot loaded PPU commercial ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertanBound View Post
    is there any 8mm at all out there?
    Im pretty sure he's bringing in 80-90s Yugo 8mm and it should be coming in soon.
    From my research it probably 198gr brass case corrosive berdan primed, but it should be very good since the Yugoslavs don't cut corners on their ammo they made brass cased 7,62x39 after all.
    I think this is the only 8mm rifle they had for the time frame of the ammo so it should be very good, if anything on par or beter with PPU( also Yugoslav army ammo maker) 198gr fmj with I have had good experience with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M76

Expired Business
    BEAVERMEAT;

Perhaps I was not clear on the Turkish ammo, not all of it is dangerous, just the occasional round, however since that one round now and then may kill or injure you do you really want to shoot it ?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    BEAVERMEAT;

Perhaps I was not clear on the Turkish ammo, not all of it is dangerous, just the occasional round, however since that one round now and then may kill or injure you do you really want to shoot it ?
    John
    Well, now that you say it. No. I do not want to play Russian Roulette. Frankly I have been shooting for many years, just not seriously enough to care about ballistics and loads. I usually walk into a gun store and just buy what factory ammunition that is cheap and go plinking. I have recently become serious in the sport so I am trying to absorb as much information as possible. Dumb A55 questions and requests are to be expected.

I still want full power 8x57 hunting/target ammo. PPU 8x57 IS ammo has the specs I am looking for. My Yugo capture K98s that I will be using are sound.

Is it possible to get this line of PPU ammo? As I am not to sure about the quality of the Igman 170 gr soft points that I have purchased.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    Igman is supposed to be good. More powerful than the PPU non IS ammo.

That said I just shot 20 rounds of the regular 198gr PPU ammo today and its fairly impressive!

can't wait to try some of the "good" stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast