Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Norinco YL12 shotgun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    I had one 10 years ago. The stock was cheap, solid (not hollow) and smelled bad. The metal fit and finish was rough. Mine was reliable though. Sold it when I lost interest. It never failed while I owned it.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris604 View Post
    Anyone been firing off their yl- 12? Looking to snag one and any further feedback would be great.

Thanks folks.
    I only ended up putting 2 boxes of shells through it. It functioned great... it would have functioned better if the wife had let me sit on the couch watching TV racking the slide a million times lol
    Right now I've got the gun on lay-away for the inlaws. The approached me but wanted to do a "payment plan" for it... I said I'd just give it to them, but they refused. So far I've been paid 2000 rounds of .22 and a box of .303 British... few more boxes of ammo and the gun will be theirs
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I only ended up putting 2 boxes of shells through it. It functioned great... it would have functioned better if the wife had let me sit on the couch watching TV racking the slide a million times lol
    Right now I've got the gun on lay-away for the inlaws. The approached me but wanted to do a "payment plan" for it... I said I'd just give it to them, but they refused. So far I've been paid 2000 rounds of .22 and a box of .303 British... few more boxes of ammo and the gun will be theirs
    That's way more generous than I'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    That's way more generous than I'd be.
    Trying to gain brownie points... the whole workshop is full of inhertited wood working tools that NEVER get touched unless I'm over for a visit then I sequester myself in the shop and build projects to avoid socializing lol. I'm hoping to be able to aquire a few of those things
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

for 3" shell, it holds 4 + 1; for 2 3/4" shell, holds 5 + 1
    support our troops

CGN Regular
    Its been working great for me. Right out of the box. Not a single fail to anything. Remington, winchester, s&b, all good so far. Only thing I havent tried is magnum shells. Has anybody else tried them in their yl-12?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris604 View Post
    Anyone been firing off their yl- 12? Looking to snag one and any further feedback would be great.

Thanks folks.

Are these still available anywhere? I'm a leftie and sure do appreciate that bottom-eject!

CGN Regular
    Had one, it got jammed up on low brass quite often, would not dream on running winchester low brass in it. Bottom eject is the only thing going for it, having the option again i would buy a used mav 88 or express 870 which mine have both been good. Except the 870 sometimes gets screwed up on winchester low brass, whats with that ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes Inferno View Post
    whats with that ammo?
    Its the worst!
    -------------------------------
    I like commie guns

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdyne View Post
    Are these still available anywhere? I'm a leftie and sure do appreciate that bottom-eject!
    This is why I kept mine - left handed

I find the YL-12 to be a bit heavy and long, but it cycles nicely if a bit mechanical. I've never had it fail other than when I don't cycle it completely myself. That being said - if you don't know if you've cycled it completely and you expect a !bang!, it can be disconcerting when you don't hear/feel it. Can't even push-check it easily as it's bottom feed/eject.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234