Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco YL12 shotgun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar

Norinco YL12 shotgun

Are these shotguns reliable? Do the parts interchange with another brand of shotgun? How many rounds do they hold? Thanks.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    they are identical to the Stevens 350, so you may find more info on them. I have not personally tested them. They are a clone of the Ithaca 37

I know I just placed an order but for $200 this is SO tempting... especially the combo with 250 buckshot for $350

Anyone bought one of these yet? Reading reviews online for the Stevens 350 (Because there is nothing to be found on the YL12) most things I found fell into the Norinco Bashing category by people who had never fired one.

If someone wants me to do a review on this shotgun, just convince CanAm to donate it

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    How many rounds do they hold?
    I'd like an answer to this question as well.

i had the stevens 350, no complaints with it.

I bought a 14" ghost ring model from Leverarms at least 10 years ago. Put hundreds of rounds through it. Fails to feed occasionally, a stronger mag spring might cure that although I haven't had a chance to check it out. I paid 298 delivered back in the day. Pretty sure it's a metric clone of the 37, although I can't say what the new ones are. I had to go to a bolt supply house to find the proper metric screws to fit an aftermarket stock (John Massen Black Warrior) and ATI sidesaddle. Ithaca 37 original bolt, etc. don't fit. At first it was an education in Chinese manufacturing but since it's been a good gun.

i own a stevens shotgun, ati products dont fit nor do tapco!!! stevens makes good shotguns but you have no options in terms of aftermarket parts aside from what stevens makes at the favtory.

Well I decided to buy one. I bought the combo because one of my buddies is going to buy the 250 rounds of 00 Buck to run through his toys for $200... so I'll end up getting the shotgun for $150. I will put up a review in about 2 weeks ish.

Received my YL12 today. A lot better finish than I had thought for a $150 gun (I bought the combo and I'm selling the Buckshot to my buddy for $200). Not as greasy as previous firearms I had received. Cleaned it up and cycled some snap caps through it no problem. I won't be able to get out for a week to feed some real rounds thru it but it seems like a heck of a deal thus far. Thanks CanAm
    (Pictures should be up tomorrow or Friday)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast