Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will North Sylva treat the Steyr L9 A1 future owners better than the M9 A1 ones?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_red_truck View Post
    I always had an eye on the steyer .... until now ... I think i'll save up and spend my money on another reliable revolver.
    I currently own 2 m9a1's and can assure you after I installed the updated extractor I've never experienced a FTE. I give up on North Sylva and found a more reliable source.

Was Gen 2 2004 or 2010?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Getting splinters from the wedge.

Im not going to comment on North Sylvas cutomer service or lack there of ... your better off dealing with Steyr in Austria as I had to. Dont know if this is true but Ive read that the steyr was developed around an austiran 9mm ammo which has thicker base. I dont know why everyone complains about the fte's, the simple 100% effective fix is a 1911 safety plunger spring swap. I had the same problems with mine when I got it, about 2 fte per mag and several ejections to the forehead, it was worse with certain brands. The extractor springs are to weak and the 2010 extractor and spring isnt much better from what ive read. I havent installed the newer one yet as the 1911 spring works 100%. Now my 2008model m9a1 eats anything and everything I feed it 100% of the time.

As for the rail ive had no problem putting anything on it.

I beleive the newest models youll find in Canada are '08
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ...

CGN Regular
    Hmmm, I hope these bugs are now worked out and the l9-a1 will be good. I love the look of the high grip and may pick one up to try

I have a M40A1, and have had zero issues. Is this only an issue with the 9mm model? I was looking to grab a M9A1 to round out the collection but I'd want the reliability of the 40.

Rooky who did you end up using? I tried emailing Steyr Austria and never received a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Im not going to comment on North Sylvas cutomer service or lack there of ... your better off dealing with Steyr in Austria as I had to. Dont know if this is true but Ive read that the steyr was developed around an austiran 9mm ammo which has thicker base. I dont know why everyone complains about the fte's, the simple 100% effective fix is a 1911 safety plunger spring swap. I had the same problems with mine when I got it, about 2 fte per mag and several ejections to the forehead, it was worse with certain brands. The extractor springs are to weak and the 2010 extractor and spring isnt much better from what ive read. I havent installed the newer one yet as the 1911 spring works 100%. Now my 2008model m9a1 eats anything and everything I feed it 100% of the time.

As for the rail ive had no problem putting anything on it.

I beleive the newest models youll find in Canada are '08
    Is it this one?
    http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod26223.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper1015 View Post
    I have a M40A1, and have had zero issues. Is this only an issue with the 9mm model? I was looking to grab a M9A1 to round out the collection but I'd want the reliability of the 40.
    x2 I have zero issue with my M40-A1 from day one.

M9A1 FTE every time I fire one and has very slippery polymer grip, otherwise it has good ergonomic (after installing rubber grip on it) and M9A1 IS VERY accurate pistol with unique sights.

Unhappy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast