M14, M305, M1A magazines neutering method

Thread: M14, M305, M1A magazines neutering method

Tags: m14
  1. SmartLikeTruck said:

M14, M305, M1A magazines neutering method

Are the base plates on these magazines tack welded shut and have something internal blocking the follower, or are they left unmolested except for a rivet?
    (really hoping for just a rivet)

Oh and with 5 rounds can they be inserted with a closed bolt?

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produc...roductid=80544

ziggyboy said:
    from what I remember Marstars were not tack welded,welding is stupid How are you to clean a mag.
    Last edited by ziggyboy; 03-20-2013 at 12:58 PM.

haha49 said:
    Its a rivit and most can close on a closed bolt a few can't depends on if the person doing it was off by a little bit..

Slayer8321 said:
    My norinco M305 20 round mag came with a rivet in the side stopping the spring, bottom plate is fairly easily removable, Can't remove the spring or follower without removing the rivet. Makes it a huge pain to clean and lube the mag. My five round mag can be installed and removed with the bolt closed.
  5. johnone said:
    SLAYER8321;

Thank you for replying
    John

Slayer8321 said:
    Just received two new 5/20 round mags today from wolverine, both came with the bottom plate welded and something inside stopping the follower.
  7. surly said:
    That sucks how do ya clean them?

yomomma said:
    Can of brake cleaner.

Outwest1213 said:
    Lever Arms sells the 5/20 mags for the M305 for $35 , great deal and they are pinned by a rivet in spline, action stays open after last shot

Slayer8321 said:
    I guess the only way to clean is like yomomma said with brake clean or something that you can spray in and would dry without a residue. Mega pain in the behind.