Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: M14, M305, M1A magazines neutering method

Quote Originally Posted by dfemia01 View Post
    Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    ANNND I am now watching ghost busters, Bill effin" Murray!

BANNED
    Does anyone know where you can buy these mags now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesticles3 View Post
    Does anyone know where you can buy these mags now?
    https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...zine--10-Round

They should edit that page to read permanently blocked to FIVE rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    They should edit that page to read permanently blocked to FIVE rounds.
    They are not. This is a 100% legal way to enjoy 10 rounds in a semi automatic rifle. The magazines are designed for the AIA M10 Australian bolt action rifle, which is a Lee Enfield type in 7.62x51 NATO. They just happen to fit M14/M305/M1A.

The legal use of these 10 round magazines in semiauto rifles are supported by these regulations:

1.http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r.../FullText.html
    (2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not include any cartridge magazine [as a prohibited device] that
    (a) was originally designed or manufactured for use in a firearm that
    (i) is chambered for, or designed to use, rimfire cartridges,
    (ii) is a rifle of the type commonly known as the “Lee Enfield” rifle, where the magazine is capable of containing not more than 10 cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed, or
    (iii) is commonly known as the U.S. Rifle M1 (Garand) including the Beretta M1 Garand rifle, the Breda M1 Garand rifle and the Springfield Armoury M1 Garand rifle;
    2.http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm
    4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm

The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.

Example:
    The Marlin model 45 (Camp Carbine) rifle chambered for 45 Auto caliber uses magazines designed and manufactured for the Colt 1911 handgun, therefore the seven round and eight round capacities are permitted.
    You might want to print these two documents and carry them along with your rifle and your 10 round magazines in case of having to explain the situation to an officer.

Oh, I know about AIA magazines. Perhaps I didn't give enough context;
    , and I quote....
    We have a somewhat unique situation here. The magazines that fit and work in the 7.62 NATO AIA rifles will fit and work in any of the M14 type rifles. These mags are not M14 mags as they do not have the square hole in the front for the end of the M14 operating spring guide to fit into. This hole is not required in these mags for them to fit an M14 type rifle. It has been correctly pointed out that to make that hole in these mags could put you into the position of possessing a prohibited device, unless you permanently blocked them to a ten rd capacity.

Should read as five round,not ten.
    Eh?

On that, I concurr.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BBq_Woa!'s Avatar
    you can literally use a block of wood under the magazine follower to cap magazines.

Why do people rivet or weld magazines? it's a totally unnecessary destructive molestation of the thing.

Because a block of wood under the follower would not meet the criteria of 'permanently' modified to 5 rounds. Riveting is considered a permanent modification as you would have to remove it via mechanical means, not just disassemble the magazine.
    I aim to misbehave

Yesterday I stopped by International Shooting Supplies and found that they had a bin full of new Norinco M14 20/5 magazines. No welds on the floorplate and no rivets nor crimps. These are my favorite kind; the ones that do the limiting with a long metal strip spot welded to the bottom of the follower. Easy to completely disassemble. I bought one for $39.99 + tax.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast