Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: M14, M305, M1A magazines neutering method

CGN Regular
    I've gotten four mags from Marstar all look like this.

hi aikinut , I am about to get my "e" and "b" endorsement on my FAL , so I can use 30 round mags in an ar15 and 20 or 30 round mags in my m14 .... "A" cat rules are quite strict ... once my "e" is approved , I can do quite a bit .... "b" is for my pistols , .

remember the firearms are allowed in the country , if they stay "a" cat then the need a few easy changes .... its the mag capacity (and pistol grips etc ) that make it a restricted weapon , . I just need an endorsement and then I can have it ... yay for me !!!!

thanks kiwanna ..... I can easily remove the tang and then can have higher cap mag .....now time to get import permit

CGN Regular
    Stumpy-kiwi, as soon as you figure out an import permit, send me a PM.

I'll also check the ITAR conditions on anything US built that's currently in Canada. That said, anything Norinco, is definitely fair game to export to NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer8321 View Post
    Just received two new 5/20 round mags today from wolverine, both came with the bottom plate welded and something inside stopping the follower.
    Did you get the KCIs? How did they fit? Any feeding issues?

I found a deal online for M14 mags (maybe why it was such a deal) for about $20 per 20/5 mag online. I picked up a bunch, and they will JUST fit the 5th round. This means that the mag will fit in on a closed bolt, with some convincing. If I insert a full mag with 5 rounds in it, I cant even pull the bolt back, it is totally jammed due to the pressure from the rounds in the mag; I cant even insert a full mag with an open bolt and drop the open bolt to pick up that fifth round. I'm stuck down loading to 4 for them to function. I have an actual 5 rounder that I can JUST get a 6th into, same thing. The rifle wont run it with the 6th. Would it be legal to drill out the little indents they made that stops the follower at EXACTLY 5 rounds (but prevents the rifle from operating with 5 rounds) and redo them at the same depth as the actual 5 rounder, using a rivet to stop the follower?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel9000 View Post
    Would it be legal to drill out the little indents they made that stops the follower at EXACTLY 5 rounds (but prevents the rifle from operating with 5 rounds) and redo them at the same depth as the actual 5 rounder, using a rivet to stop the follower?
    It's illegal to convert the mag to full capacity, which is what you would do if you were to drill out the spot. But, if you put in a rivet and convert that full capacity mag to 5.5 rounds it's legal again. What I'm saying is, if you do it, do both operations in the same night, to minimize police showing up and finding full capacity magazines.
    If they did by chance storm your property at the exact moment you were drilling out the spot you would be in ####, you might want the pop rivets and gun close by to show that you you were intending to limit them again. A full capacity magazine is a prohibited device, I believe the minimum sentence for construction of a prohibited device is three (3) years. Don't you just love this wonderful country?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson 1791
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

Business Member
    If you drill out that rivet, yer dick will fall off !

Cheers and keep helping them noobies out there!

Barney

CTC Supplies has the E-Lander 10 round .308 M10 mags for around 80 bucks. My M305 was sold to me with one and it's pretty awesome if you get a bunch of those if anyone cares to check them out.

Anybody have riveted mags? I just wanted to know where they put the rivet, how far from the top, what side of the mag ect.. (Save me a whack of time trying to figure out the ideal spot for the pop rivet in mine...lol)

I figure the safest way will be to drill the rivet hole, install the rivet, then drill out the old "pinning". That way the mags are never actually capable of 6 or more rounds..lol

Great find on those AIA M-10 mags, I might have to look into those. Suxz that they don't have any AIA mags in full size pinned to 10, (or full 20 round'rs stamped AIA)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast