Thread: Norinco .308 cases

Norinco .308 cases

I just picked up case of 1040 rounds at $420 on the weekend from you guys wanted to say thanks and love the price. The sign said it was TSE range safe, when I got them home I open the spam cans and checked the ammo with a magnet and it sticks I believe because it is Steel cased. Just want to verify with you guys so when I am using the ammo at your range there would be no issue. Thanks
    In war, you can only be killed once, but in politics, many times.

Winston Churchill

BANNED
    It is not the case that penetrates tne backstop. It's the bullet you need to worry about.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    I thought it wasn't steel cored - but I just confirmed that a magnet sticks to the projectile as well.

Does the TSE employes have a list of ammo that is allowed in the rifle bay? I have norinco ammo that was confirmed good to use via pm by tsesales on here (lead core covered by a metal jacket) but was denied at the range because it sticks to a magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    Does the TSE employes have a list of ammo that is allowed in the rifle bay? I have norinco ammo that was confirmed good to use via pm by tsesales on here (lead core covered by a metal jacket) but was denied at the range because it sticks to a magnet.
    I had a similar experience in talking with a staff so I would appreciate some clarification on this as well. Thanks.

saw this yesterday when i went in.

I also have some 7.62 x 39 and its lead core but steel jacketed.

I was just there with my sks on sunday with norinco jacketed lead core steel case, yes it sticks to a magnet but they allow it everytime I go.
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning... Smells like victory."

"We won't let that happen... Whose we? Smith, Wesson, and I."

"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

The range safe norinco ammo we sell has a mild steel jacket, just like the MFS ammo. A magnet will stick to the round, because of the mild steel jacket. We are training lots of new staff members right now, so that could have been just a misunderstanding.

If you are shooting range safe ammo you have purchased from us and someone had denied you use of it in our facility. Be patient and kindly ask to speak with a floor lead or manager. They can then determine if the ammo is range safe and at the same time giving us a chance to help get our new guys up to speed. We still find people all the time trying to "sneak" ammo that is not range safe into our facility and must stay vigilant to curb that.

But I will reiterate that any ammo we sell that is marked "range safe", regardless if a magnet sticks to it, can be used in our facility.

Thanks TSE for clearing that up.