Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dlask Shorty 870 questions

Delete
    Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 10-15-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Delete
    Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 10-15-2013 at 10:07 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer farmer47's Avatar
    i have one of Joe Dlasks 8.5 inch barreled guns and it came from his factory to the original owner with only a pistol grip installed and was unrestricted at the time . their are lots of threads and posts about the controversy on this site and about the rcmp subsequent about face on this subject .when i spoke to a tec last week she had no knowledge that such a gun ever existed and said it must have come from the factory with both stocks in order to be unrestricted . it pains me to think that we must ask them for the classification of various combinations of guns when they do not know the history of the dlask shotgun and the fact that it was unrestricted with the pistol grip installed .i like my gun but i do not care for the railed for-end as it would bite your hand in recoil . i replaced it with a cut down Remington for-end .Joe Dlask makes a quality firearm and i have no hesitation in recommending one of these shotguns.as for the may be deemed to be a handgun ruling by the rcmp i would like to put a three inch slug in one of these pistol gripped guns and let them fire it one handed .i can guarantee that will lay to rest the lie that they are intended to be fired with one hand nonsense.

Remove
    Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 06-24-2013 at 09:48 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    unless it was manufactured that way from the factory.

I believe that these are still Non restricted:

https://www.dlaskarms.com//product_i...0a03d197c43483

please feel free to correct me.
    Dlask Arms is a manufacture he just uses 870 parts from the factory to manufacture his own shotgun off of it. He makes the barrel he makes the magazine tube he makes the rail ie he is making parts to bolt onto the firearm that way he isn't cutting the barrel or anything like that down.

Its like this take a tompson contender single shot rifle you just pop the barrel off pop on a new one you have a new caliber and barrel length simply because that’s just the way it's made.

He can make it to what you want so he produces them on demand ie you want 6.5 inch or 12 inch he makes it to what you order.

He sells most of them with the full stock and they're over 26 inks’ so they're non restricted he also includes a hoge pistol grip as well if you want to convert it to restricted they're are non restricted and restricted FRT numbers for both some are just -1, =2, =3, =4 ect simply because they come in different shapes and stocks some become restricted due to length. Its 26 inchs is the magic number if they try the pistol grip crab it’s not a legal argument but if its 25 inchs with a pistol grip then its restricted simple as that.

I asked him to make a barrel for a 10/22 at 10.5 inches (only one in Canada made that way) I had a heck of a time registering the frame into a rifle they freaked out because 11.5 or under is restricted were 10.5 (due to stock on it) was over 26 inchs it was 32 inchs long to be exact. Then they went what capacity is it I replied depends on the magazine I put in it. They said I have to say exactly so I said put 100 (they didn't like that as well and said they would put 10 I said no put 100) I put a 100 round tear drop magazine on it (crap magazine doesn't work well) they pushed I pushed back they did it properly in the end I got a new cert that said rifle instead of frame.
    Last edited by haha49; 03-01-2013 at 07:56 PM.

So is the overall length 26"?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RemMaster View Post
    So is the overall length 26"?
    With the full stock and the 6.5 inch barrel yes.

With the 8.5 inch barrel and the pistol grip No to short by about 1 inch I think.

With a 10.5 inch barrel and the pistol grip long enough

Now to move the action you need 2 hands to opperate the firearm ie it needs to be pumped so it's not a 1 handed shooter. you can get 3 rounds in the 6.5 inch version it's 2 in the tube 1 in the chamber were the longer ones hold more which makes a diffrence when shooting so it really depends if you want a bear gun or if you want a plinker or if you just want something with a big fireball since each version seems to have a specific used you can use it for. I know a bunch of conservation officers in BC carry around the 6.5 inch version for bears they like them allot too. They like that it's small enough for very close range use ie very thick bush if they're in the open they pick a longer shotgun but for up close and personal with a bear they like the short one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
    Time for someone to make a 16.5" barrel so we can do a shorty with pistol grip.
    meh the available 18" barrels are only 1.5" longer, not a big deal

Delete
    Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 10-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Can you have that Shorty from the site and put a folding stock on and it'll still be non restricted?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast