Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for a KSG for 8 months and Backorder cancelled

snooze you lose. I got on the list day one of the pre order... and the gun came through a year later. But that said mangaing a 3 year long pre order list makes no sense, particularly if you can sell each and every one that you get in.

Easier to just get em in and sell them first come first served.

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    sounds like wolverine got their wrist slapped by the supplier. Maybe one or 2 employees got a couple KSGs before everyone else lol

Well, Kel-Tec is no longer on their list of suppliers- I doubt that Wolverine had any say in the matter. They've got a good reputation- this seems a little quick to start bashing them here. Kind of like the spoiled child throwing a tantrum. Open your eyes and clean out your ears. US manufacturers are YEARS behind now because of the panic buys down south; do you think they give a rat's fuzzy fart-launcher about Canadian sales? For all we know, Wolverine told them to stuff it because they weren't getting product- and wanted to get rid of a backlog of unpaid-for preorders.

Let's hear their side of the story. You say their explanation was that they could no longer provide Kel-Tec, correct? What more do you want?

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, DADDIES WITH PRETTY DAUGHTERS KILL PEOPLE!
    "Get a shot off FAST. This upsets him long enough to make your second shot count." -Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Supplies View Post
    Mainly supply difficulties’, a three year waiting list doesn’t make any business sense.
    Oh, wait, there it is....

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, DADDIES WITH PRETTY DAUGHTERS KILL PEOPLE!
    "Get a shot off FAST. This upsets him long enough to make your second shot count." -Robert A. Heinlein.

CGN Regular
    If you really can't wait just buy it off gunbroker then spend $300 export it, it'll proberbly still cheaper then retail price in Canada haha

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernCX View Post
    Well, Kel-Tec is no longer on their list of suppliers- I doubt that Wolverine had any say in the matter. They've got a good reputation- this seems a little quick to start bashing them here. Kind of like the spoiled child throwing a tantrum. Open your eyes and clean out your ears. US manufacturers are YEARS behind now because of the panic buys down south; do you think they give a rat's fuzzy fart-launcher about Canadian sales? For all we know, Wolverine told them to stuff it because they weren't getting product- and wanted to get rid of a backlog of unpaid-for preorders.

Let's hear their side of the story. You say their explanation was that they could no longer provide Kel-Tec, correct? What more do you want?
    I can vent if I want. The handling could have been better and informative rather than brusque and not informative. I personally with my contact with them was respectful and patient and I have only bashed thier handling of this situation.

I agree with your point on Kel-Tec not being able to keep up with demand for any item they produce in light of the potential changes to gun laws in the US. Kel-tec just released a price warning on the KSG that they were anticipating having to introduce a price increase on that product due to development costs in light of that the KSG is included in a potential weapons ban.

I am not condoning nor would I consider not doing business with Wolverine as except for this issue they have been good to deal with.

Regards,

Joseph

Not to go off topic but what do they sell for up there.

You can always pay damn near three times retail on the EE like I just did...... I mean, it's only money,easy come easy go, right ?
    I do believe that wolverine owes some kind of explanation, if I was on their list I would be pissed.
    “Politicians and diapers must be replaced often, and for the same reason.”
    Mark Twain

The e-mail that I had sent out today bothered me, I did not enjoy sending it, I have never sent one out like that before and I hope I don’t have to again in the future, I feel I have let down several hundred customers who had faith in me and were relying on me to supply a product, I am not enjoying that feeling.

Like most things in life things are never as simple as they appear. I could post a lot of detail here, point fingers and sling some mud! For what purpose? it would achieve nothing! The bottom line is that yesterday a decision was made that Wolverine Supplies would no longer be stocking Kel-tec products. I decided the important thing was to notify all our customers who had back orders with us as quickly as we could of that decision. Today we sent a personal e-mail to all the customers who we had a current e-mail addresses for, for those others we will make every effort to call in the next few days.

There is really nothing more I can add, except if I was one of you who was patiently waiting I would also be feeling very pissed off, I understand your feelings, I am sorry that this had to happen.

The list became meaningless, expected supply could probably never met demand.
    The responsible thing to do is cancel the list and not take any more till supply issues are resolved.

I can imagine the list was hundreds of names long, which ment they got e mails and phone calls every day from people asking " where am I on your list? Big waste of resources

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast