Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Ban in Australia - People from USA should see this video

Damn, I'd love to watch it but I'm in Australia and I have a 10 GB/month data cap ha ha ha. It's a #### country for firearms enthusiasts.

As an old fart who has been around this gun control BS for a while, this does not shock me. The younger guys on here are at a disadvantage of not knowing or understanding the history.

I recall back during the 90s when we Canucks were involved with the fight against C68 this Australian gun ban was going on. We used the Australian situation to enlighten gun owners here who thought that banning 12.6 pistols was ok since their hunting rifles/shotguns were safe. They were upset about registration but were unable to connect the dots to see that registration led to confiscation. I recall the large photo we used at rallies of the bunch of guns being picked up by the elecrtromagnet on the crane to put them in a smelter. Clearly visible at the bottom of the huge pile of guns was a lovely Browning A5 that brought tears to my eyes. When the joe average gun owner saw this photo along with a video that CILA (thank you Tony) had put together about the Aussie situation they had a very different viewpoint of things....it was sobering for them to say the least.

It is shocking to consider this: back during the 60s and 70s handgun hunting was actually allowed in Australia - I have the books to prove this - JD Jones and Larry Kelly hunted over there with their custom handguns and there are photos in the book to prove this. Amazing to think of what Australia has come to now.

As for Canada, there is no doubt we are heading down the same path, and generally speaking the majority of frightened sheep how inhabit our vast and growing urban areas are falling for this hook line and sinker. The politicians see this as easy fodder to build an election campaign on. For them it is all about getting elected and staying in power. The Wendy Cukier types see this as an opportunity to promote a personal agenda plus build a name for themselves and shine in the spotlight.

There are only two organizations in Canada who support our gun rights: NFA and CSSA (CILA is now part of this). Join them...NOW!

I will ignore some of the comments made above regarding the fact that the USA could learn from our gun laws. This just demonstrates the ignorance of some gun owners and most likely they are new and have no knowledge of the past, but they will learn.....the hard way.

CD
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

Quote Originally Posted by kamlooky View Post
    OWWWCH......
    The hardest thing to watch was the sparks from the chop saws.
    I'm surprised they are so complacent and didn't revolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Cause firearm owners are good, law abiding citizens.

And when the time comes, Canadians will comply just the same as Australians.

Think of it as High River, Canada wide.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post

Perhaps, as they should, on another topic, lots of abs pipe being sold lately! You would think with the new aggression by the Russians that the gov't would not mind having well armed citizens around that know how to shoot, clean and care for a firearm! I said before and again that this country needs a militia, or national guard backed by the Government and armed forces! Russia already has claims on parts of our north and now has shown they are willing to act!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post

Sad , but true......we are on the same path as the Aussies were . With the gun licensing and red tape that you have to go through in Canada to own and use a firearm ; it makes it more difficult for people to get into the shooting sports , and this has the end result of fewer gun owners to offer resistance to unfair gun laws.......it may be all part of the overall plan......make firearm ownership difficult , thereby reducing the number of firearm owners , which makes elimination of firearms Canada wide an easier thing to do.....

CGN Regular
    I've said this before but it bears repeating.

First, they'll go after the prohibited class. It's an easy sell to the uninformed public since the very word "prohibited" sounds like something nobody should be able to own anyway and the end goal of that class was to remove those firearms from public hands eventually anyway. Bye bye 12.x's.

Next, they'll go after the restricted class. They could do this by tightening the regulations or most likely, they'll stop issuing the endorsement on PAL's with no renewal option for current holders. In five years, nobody will be able to legally own that class of weapon and they're ~all~ currently registered. Bye bye restricted's.

For the non-restricted class, I think they'll chip away based on characteristics. The semi-autos will go first followed by pistol grip, thumbhole and "military" style stocks; the latter being left purposely vague. The next thing will be further restricting magazine capacity including tube fed lever guns and eliminating any/all firearms with detachable mags. They may stop for a while once all we're left with are neutered bolt action hunting rifles and double barrel shotguns but rest assured, the end goal is still to remove ALL firearms from civilian hands. The last restriction could be on ammo whereby reloading tools are banned and you're only allowed to purchase "X" number of rounds per year from government controlled suppliers.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Its all part of the master plan. Gun bans lead to higher crime rates. Higher crime rates justify bigger budgets for law enforcement. More money for cops mean more cops with guns. More cops with guns means more government oppression... on those tax paying citizens with out the right to protect themselves... how convenient. Don't we see what's really happening???
    Practical Gun Nut is an Oxymoron

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure in England they are down to break-action shotguns, and birdshot ammunition only.

Everything else is banned for the average citizen.

Sad to imagine it.

A wonderful rebuttal to some delusional thinking. Back in Britain we have no shortage of apologists who see something reasonable in the system. Being given a licence makes them feel like experts and competent to pontificate to others.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ko1 View Post
    I've said this before but it bears repeating.

First, they'll go after the prohibited class. It's an easy sell to the uninformed public since the very word "prohibited" sounds like something nobody should be able to own anyway and the end goal of that class was to remove those firearms from public hands eventually anyway. Bye bye 12.x's.

Next, they'll go after the restricted class. They could do this by tightening the regulations or most likely, they'll stop issuing the endorsement on PAL's with no renewal option for current holders. In five years, nobody will be able to legally own that class of weapon and they're ~all~ currently registered. Bye bye restricted's.

For the non-restricted class, I think they'll chip away based on characteristics. The semi-autos will go first followed by pistol grip, thumbhole and "military" style stocks; the latter being left purposely vague. The next thing will be further restricting magazine capacity including tube fed lever guns and eliminating any/all firearms with detachable mags. They may stop for a while once all we're left with are neutered bolt action hunting rifles and double barrel shotguns but rest assured, the end goal is still to remove ALL firearms from civilian hands. The last restriction could be on ammo whereby reloading tools are banned and you're only allowed to purchase "X" number of rounds per year from government controlled suppliers.

That does appear to be the direction in which we are heading........it may happen sooner than we expect if the Federal Govt. changes in the fall of 2015......

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast