Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Loss of a Great Man

CGN Regular
    I just got home From Seth's funeral and I have to say it was a hell of a good send-off for him. I arrived early enough that I was able to see him for a brief visitation and offered by condolences to Sara, his wife. Seth was decked out exactly the way you would have seen him in life wearing a t-shirt and ball cap! His motorcycle was there along with a mountain of photos and other mementoes of his life. Attendance, as I expected was enormous, I couldn't even begin to guess at a number but the chapel was filled and a second, overflow room was crammed to standing room only. The service was perfect. Rather than being sombre, those who spoke about Seth, even the minister, had everyone roaring with laughter. It was a service that I am sure Seth would have enjoyed. I will continue to be a member at Silverdale but I don't think it will ever be the same place again. I don't think I'll be able to walk through that door without expecting to be greeted by a smiling Seth behind the counter. Judging by the number of Silverdale members present, I am sure that I am not alone in that assessment. RIP Seth, you will be missed greatly and never forgotten.

He was very pleasant person, he always welcomed me when I was on he range, he was so young.
    Our condolences to his family from Russian community

My deepest condolences. I was shocked when I saw this sad announcement R.I.P.
    Otium reficit vires

Though I never had the pleasure of meeting this gentleman, he must of been well loved by his friends and family.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    The firearm community tends to have - how to say it - strong opinions, for just about anything. But I've never met anyone who had an unkind word to say about Seth, or about the business he ran. The word I'm looking for is decent - Seth was a guy with honour, someone who always gave a fair shake.
    This sums it up nicely. Last year our club held a dinner to celebrate the end of the long gun registry. I approached Seth about contributing some door prizes. Without a blink he gathered up about $400 worth of gear to donate. That's exactly the kind of guy he was. He was a good friend to me but more importantly he was a great friend to the firearm community. We are going to miss him a lot. Deepest condolences to Sara and the girls, Doug & Joan and all of Seth's family.

I would have liked to attend Seth's memorial service however only I received word of Seth's passing late last night. Truly a wonderful human being and a tragic loss. He always had a smile on his face and a pleasant word. The range will not be the same without Seth.

My sincerest condolences to Sara, Charlene, Joan and Doug.

May he rest in peace.

Len
    Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war
    Member NFA

RIP Seth. You were truly loved and respected by many. My condolences to the family.

Having met him once, a week before he passed, doing business with him and Sara in the shop. I left the shop feeling that this was a place that reached out to everyone who entered. It is difficult to think of this place without him. I pray that his family will be comforted with his memory.

R.I.P.

Don't forget to contribute to the fund for the girls.
    "Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense." - John Adams

Member, CSSA, NRA.

Didn't know Seth in person, so sorry... So young to leave this world. My condolences to his family. RIP Seth