Thread: AIA No4 mk4 Lee Enfield?

CGN Regular

AIA No4 mk4 Lee Enfield?

I just noticed you are sold out of these fine rifles. Any idea when you might be getting some more in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    the answer is : probably never...
    ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̀益•́)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

They are not made anymore, so you will have to pay highly inflated EE prices if you really want one.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    There are opinions on both sides of "like" with the AIA rifles. When I examined one, I was disappointed that so few of the parts were be direct copies of No.4 parts. In more places than one, there were deviations from the strictest definition of "copy". Sole source parts means fewer repair opportunities. And then there was the opinion of the Canadian military's Life Cycle Material Manager (LCMM) for small arms dismissed the rifles too. ( http:// www.303british.com/id74.html )
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    There are opinions on both sides of "like" with the AIA rifles. When I examined one, I was disappointed that so few of the parts were be direct copies of No.4 parts. In more places than one, there were deviations from the strictest definition of "copy". Sole source parts means fewer repair opportunities. And then there was the opinion of the Canadian military's Life Cycle Material Manager (LCMM) for small arms dismissed the rifles too. ( http:// www.303british.com/id74.html )
    To be fair, that article says the rifle is unsuitable as a military piece. It points out that it is made for the sporting market. Military standards are significantly higher than the sporting world.
    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est. -Seneca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillen1 View Post
    They are not made anymore, so you will have to pay highly inflated EE prices if you really want one.
    They're still made but due to demand in Austrilia and the higher price they get there why export them.

Last edited by Obsessed; 07-07-2013 at 05:02 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    At the time the article was written, the observation that it would fail was also simply the opinion of the material manager. The rifle wasn't tested. I seems like he/she made that assessment simply because some parts were made in Asia. That seems very short sighted. Norinco 305's are made in Asia; would one fail before a SA? Hard to say until it is actually tested.
    There is a difference between the first tentative batch of unproven rifles that are not a copy but a passing resemblance, and multiple batches of imports with a majority of interchangeable parts. DND has been the first buyer of lots of things (can anyone say F35?), but foregoing the AIA rifle for the Rangers probably wasn't unwise.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    Well that's too bad. If AIA had done a better job maybe their business would be doing better.