Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bad Experience with Wolverine Supplies

Bad Experience with Wolverine Supplies

I just had a bad experience with Wolvering Supplies.

I have been looking around for a new hunting back pack. I decided to buy the Eberlestock Gunrunner. So I started to dearch around for dealers and prices.

Wolverrine ended up having it for the best price I could find. So before placing my order I called them to discuss the availability of other colours because they only had coyote brown on their website.

So while speaking to them they had told me there were a couple of different prices depending on the availability of the other colours. They were going to call the manufacturer to verify the price and stock.

They then sent me a email with the availability of the different colours plus the price that would be the same as they already had listed on their website. In the meantime |I was telling my cousin about it and he wanted me to order him one too.

So I ordered 2 backpacks immediately after receiving the email from Wolverine Supplies.

The today I get a email with a quote with the backpacks at a higher price. So I called them to ask what was happening.

All they said id the manufacturer changed the price on them. This I do not belive. They had just called to verify everything.

Now they want me to pay a higher price than originally quoted. I asked them to stand by their original quote because they had just told me the price and they wouldnt.

In my opinion this is very poor customer service and a really bad way of doing buisness. If it was the manufacturer who had just quoted it to them I am sure they would of stood by what they said. The same should go for Wolverine.

I also just checked their website and now they have changed to price of the back pack online.

Brutal business and horrible customer service. Hopefully they don't do this to too many people.......

Me as a contactor : when I give a quote, I'm expected to adhere to it !
    Take crap from no one

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    Was it a big difference in price between what you were initially quoted and what you were quoted after? Sometimes the price goes up for their supplier, and they won't turn a dime with their initial quote.

The problem is they had just called to supplier to quote me. I ordered right after. I didn't even wait one day. Once they emailed me the quote and how they wanted me to order it with my details and shipping details with payment information. I sent it right away. The difference is 17%.

BANNED
    This came up awhile ago with Wolverine I believe.

Salesperson quoted the dealers price prior to their markup, and then had to change the price later to make up for his mistake.

As has been said, when I quote a price to a customer it is expected to be followed, wrong or not.

That's just how the cookie crumbles in real life, but in gun sales in Canada, I have come to expect sub par service so.....

Are you looking at the Gunrunner or the Gunslinger II? They are TOTALLY different backpacks, and $329 for the unicam model (special fabric) is still a good price for a Gunslinger II. If its the Gunrunner as you claim, the price is the same and hasn't changed on their site in a dogs age, so I think you need to take another look. That pricing is pretty standard for that pack.

And no, I'm not a Woverine employee, just a very loyal customer who has never had a problem with them that wasn't solved immediately and they've gotten 1000's of my $$ because of it. Top service every time!
    - God created the Earth, Mauser drew the property lines
    - Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
    - Member NFA/CSSA/NRA/RCAF/CPC

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Man wolverine has taken a dumb in the customer service department lately. First Kel Tec and now stuff like this? Check out Warriors and Wonders they carry the bag your looking for and their customer service is next to none.

CGN Regular
    in the 'real world', mistakes happen. it's unreasonable to expect a retailer to abide by mistakes (even though some will at times). they're not in business just to satisfy you at all costs.
    you're overreacting. i'd hate to be the McDs employee who forgets to put your happy meal toy in the box

"Teller" - It was the gunrunner and they changed the price right now knowing the problem they would be having with me.

I ran into the same problem a couple weeks ago trying to buy an Aimpoint product. Aimpoint raised the prices on their merchandise, but the company (which will remain un-named) hadn't gotten around to updating their stock or website. Boo-hoo. I told that company I was no longer interested and walked away. #### happens. More on topic, I just ordered a couple of parts from Wolverine and they sent me a part in the wrong color. No big deal, so I emailed them and told them what was up. 30 minutes later I got a reply telling me to return it and that they would send me the correct product. All it cost me was a 10 cent postage stamp and an extra 5 days of waiting. I think their customer service is on the ball. They could have let it sit for 24 hours but they jumped on the problem right away.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast