Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thureon Defense Price Increase.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    In case you want to check things out yourself - the old style buffer assembly consisted of an AR style buffer with a weighted cylinder in front of it. The new buffer I supposed to have a piece on both forward and aft ends of the recoil spring. Apparently even though some of the other calibres use the 'old' style buffer, it's only been a problem with the 10's. I noticed mine as it had some issues feeding some jhp's. I thought maybe it was just dirty and cleaned it. After cleaning I noticed it was still pretty gritty. I didn't notice the bump on the inside of the receiver (felt kinda stupid not noticing during cleaning). I am now anxiously awaiting the replacement buffer (I hate having guns in disrepair lol).

If you do take off the stock be careful as the weighted block is under spring tension and the pin that blocks it from jumping out is on the receiver as opposed to the stock.

Cheers!
    I did here is my stuff... JP.[IMG][/IMG]

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I did here is my stuff... JP.[IMG][/IMG]
    Yup that's the old design. When mine failed, the plastic 'washer' on the solid side of the buffer was in pieces and the 'rivet' holding the polymer in the buffer was twisted and partially pulled from the buffer. Sorry about the terminology - I'm not very familiar with AR style buffers.

TD was very forthcoming and helpful when I spoke with them though as I noted in my original post, I've yet to receive the replacement part. Hopefully they will replace your buffers prior to failure as failure causes some damage to the receiver. If you are planning on using the guns as is, you should be quite careful. If the charging handle hits the back of the slot in the receiver, you have a problem and should stop using the gun immediately. There is supposed to be a gap between the handle and the end of the slot when pulled to full recoil position.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Hopefully what ever improvements they are making to the 10mm will allow for full power 10mm loads! I don't see much use for the 10 mm TD if you can only shoot mid range loads?

CGN Regular
    The jr carbines are very nice guns also and a lot cheaper and very accurate I have one in 40s&w and love it my son inlaw has one in 40s&w also he hand loads and is getting 1380fps with 180 grain bullets out of his gun that's 10mm velocities and he has shot over 500 rounds with no issues .we shot his gun a few days ago and at 30 yards all 10 rounds were touching into a one inch group I think that's very accurate for this type of gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    The 10mm is a very different animal, with UMC 180 gr cheap factory, it push 1550 fps ( in the 19 inch barrel) over the Oehler, after i get the upgrades for my 10mm's i will reload full power load (must have 1000 cases waiting) and should expect 1650+fps for those 180 gr... JP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234