Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Back Stop

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post

JR - What are the chances the range hours could be extended an hour at night? 9pm is good but 10pm is even better

Thanks for considering the back stop replacement, a million bucks is a tough pill to swallow I'm sure.
    Given how hard it is to staff now, extending the hours is not currently in the cards.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Given how hard it is to staff now, extending the hours is not currently in the cards.

JR
    Fair enough.

Ive been to a few ranges in ontario and the states and I noticed the width of lanes at TS are quite wide / large, perhaps if you shortened the width, you could squeeze another lane in each range?

More lanes = more happy happy happy shooters
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post

any news on the new back stop?

CGN Regular
    Under a bridge where a troll used to live...
    Just following up. I missed the meeting then over time this topic seemed to fall off the map. Would like an update please.

-has the negotiation been successful?
    -has any plans been drafted?
    -are there any bids on making this a reality?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Spawn-Inc's Avatar
    as cool as it would be to have a better back stop, it would be even better to have working lanes (target holders are routinely broken/not working) and gun benches that don't fall when you put your nice guns on them. i've had them fall twice with one time damaging the sights on my 586, however they promptly replaced it free of charge.

they need to focus less on walk in's and more on members who pay $600's a year.... but i could live with it a longer if it means more money into the club to fix the back stop and crap ventilation system.
    CSSA, CCFR Member

I think the walk in should use range B, few of them not very safe

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    as cool as it would be to have a better back stop, it would be even better to have working lanes (target holders are routinely broken/not working) and gun benches that don't fall when you put your nice guns on them. i've had them fall twice with one time damaging the sights on my 586, however they promptly replaced it free of charge.

they need to focus less on walk in's and more on members who pay $600's a year.... but i could live with it a longer if it means more money into the club to fix the back stop and crap ventilation system.
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

I think members should not be so quick to judge the walk ins on safety issues. So far at TS, the only NDs experienced and most of the serious muzzle control concerns in the bays recorded are the result of LICENSED members and their guests.

We are working at resolving some of the issues. However, there is no firm timelines at this point.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Regular
    Under a bridge where a troll used to live...
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I think members should not be so quick to judge the walk ins on safety issues. So far at TS, the only NDs experienced and most of the serious muzzle control concerns in the bays recorded are the result of LICENSED members and their guests.

We are working at resolving some of the issues. However, there is no firm timelines at this point.

JR
    I'll have to agree with JR for this one. I've seen so many member's with their guests breaking so many safety regulations. Heck someone was letting his friends shoot "gangsta-style" over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbass View Post
    I think the walk in should use range B, few of them not very safe
    Over the long weekend I had to use range B because range A was full. It felt like range B seemed to have the better lighting and air circulation than range A. Maybe I got in time when they just changed the filters?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by A.T.R. View Post
    IT is also very expensive and not worth buying. $2 a bullet.
    Wow! That's crazy! Talk about a major ammo monopoly for this business making big profits of only forcefully buying their frangible ammos to only shoot at their own range, plus high membership fees and daily visitor passes.

2000 rds yearly avg x $2 avg per rd =$4000
    monthly day pass $160 avg x 12 months = $1920
    yearly membership = $655

YIKES!! Based on logical thinking, you might as well join a better range at Sharon Gun Club nearby with similar price range (of course a share is required, but can easily resell it to get your money back) and using your own cheaper ammo. Another alternative is Silverdale that are way cheaper, but I know distance is a disadvantage.
    Last edited by cyberspace; 10-21-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspace View Post
    Wow! That's crazy! Talk about a major ammo monopoly for this business making big profits of only forcefully buying their frangible ammos to only shoot at their own range, plus high membership fees and daily visitor passes.

2000 rds yearly avg x $2 avg per rd =$4000
    monthly day pass $160 avg x 12 months = $1920
    yearly membership = $655

YIKES!! Based on logical thinking, you might as well join a better range at Sharon Gun Club nearby with similar price range (of course a share is required, but can easily resell it to get your money back) and using your own cheaper ammo. Another alternative is Silverdale that are way cheaper, but I know distance is a disadvantage.
    The major complaint seems to be in regards to our frangible pricing and use.

Let me be clear about this: Target Sports was built as a PISTOL range and was approved by the CFO for use as such. As a courtesy to our clients, we worked on the CFO and after about 2 years, finally got approval to use frangible ammunition in controlled circumstances. The CFO stated that we had to pre-test the ammo and only let people use ammunition that we have informed the CFO we would be using and provided.

Most of the membership have no use for or desire to use frangible and we are not forcing them to do so. In my opinion, this should have no bearing on whether or not we are a good range. If you are looking for a dedicated rifle range, we are not the place for you. However if you occasionally want to shoot your rifle indoors, for a cost, it is available.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO