Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Back Stop

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks for the updae JR.

I thought the renovation was just for the backstops but it appears it is almost a full reboot of the range. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    The upgrades are looking awesome and the place is being seriously over built to give it another 20 years.

Heat in winter, cooling in summer

More versatility in calibres

Very clean air quality

The list of improvements goes on amd on. The new stalls and retrievers are the last on the list, but once we get things up amd running, will not be far behind.

While the backstop and baffles will be done over the next month or so, the HVAC is still being build and will not be installed until may or June.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line. Jr@theedgegroup.ca

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    It started out as just backstops, but once I started digging, the facility was just worn out and needed more TLC.

Plus, after a bunch of environmental testing, the HVAC is beyond help to bring it up to modern standards, so... Might as well get on it....

The bays once finished will be awesome. They will work with more calibres like .223 and .308... But NO steel core/steel jacket. That stuff is just murder in any indoor range.

Because of the noise and to not scare away the families, we will come up with some dedicated "centerfire rifle" times, but it will be reasonable.

But the nice thing is, no more frangible!
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    It started out as just backstops, but once I started digging, the facility was just worn out and needed more TLC.

Plus, after a bunch of environmental testing, the HVAC is beyond help to bring it up to modern standards, so... Might as well get on it....

The bays once finished will be awesome. They will work with more calibres like .223 and .308... But NO steel core/steel jacket. That stuff is just murder in any indoor range.

Because of the noise and to not scare away the families, we will come up with some dedicated "centerfire rifle" times, but it will be reasonable.

But the nice thing is, no more frangible!
    awesome!
    i hope the plan for new retrievers go ahead. so many of them break down now (currently two down today in range B) and many of the cables sag more than 80 year old boobs. lol

Quote Originally Posted by thechineseguy View Post
    awesome!
    i hope the plan for new retrievers go ahead. so many of them break down now (currently two down today in range B) and many of the cables sag more than 80 year old boobs. lol
    It will, but funds will be tight for a bit. With all of the closure time right now, it's killing the cashflow. This is something we planned for, but you cannot knit money out of nothing.

I have already ordered and paid for the level 4 ballistic glass for the new lane dividers as well.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

How about soft point or lead core surplus?

Quote Originally Posted by boren93 View Post
    How about soft point or lead core surplus?
    Probably soft point, but we have had way too many problems with people and "steel jacket"...

We have to wait and test the intallation first before we can commit to anything.

I looked at doing the entire range in an AR steel, but the cost difference was simply way to high.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

I was in the shop saturday and asked about the new backstops and renovations. An employee told me 6 months. Your version is much more optimistic. I think the correct timeline needs to be passed down to the floor employees.
    “... What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.” Churchill

IN PACE PARATUS

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    I was in the shop saturday and asked about the new backstops and renovations. An employee told me 6 months. Your version is much more optimistic. I think the correct timeline needs to be passed down to the floor employees.
    construction timelines are often inaccurate in my experience. they can tell you 3 months but if it goes over then everyone will make a big stink over it. i think saying a longer date would give them a bit of a cushion to fall back on. thats what i would do anyway.

The CFO inspector is coming on Tuesday to inspect the new backstop on range A, then we can put on the rubber.

It is all coming along nicely.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN frequent flyer
    Sweet!!!

Out of curiosity - will the CFO inspector fire rounds to test the back stop?

Quote Originally Posted by tse jr View Post
    the cfo inspector is coming on tuesday to inspect the new backstop on range a, then we can put on the rubber.

It is all coming along nicely.

Jr
    Last edited by roadcarver; 03-13-2015 at 12:01 PM.