Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marstar Warranty / Service

Marstar Warranty / Service

Wanted to put my $0.02 in here about Marstar's excellent customer service.

I bought a TT-33 a few months ago. Great gun, I love shooting it.

Somehow, the firing pin broke on the gun. I checked marstars site and noticed they didn't have any in stock. I then phoned absolutely everyone else I could think of (including every one of the major site sponsors), and I either got a "no, we don't have parts", or "I can sell you another complete gun and you can take the firing pin out of that"...

Finally, I called Marstar (CALLED, this is key! Telephone works well!), and found out they warranty the gun for a year!

Yes, you heard me, I'll add caps for emphasis. MARSTAR WARRANTIES 50 YEAR OLD USED SOVIET PISTOLS IF THEY SELL THEM.

They sent a new firing pin, I got it today, I'm pumped to get back to the range.

If I was looking for something Marstar sold, I'm not sure I would look anywhere else, nobody else offers that kind of service.
    Last edited by coppercarbide; 03-20-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Removed point detracting from purpose of post.

CGN Regular
    same for me
    top is guaranteed Marstar
    the staff is really very simple to attach to phone

Marstar took care of me when the finish on my Pietta Revolver was not up to par. They sent me a new gun no problems. I was very happy. If you phone they will keep you up to date and are very friendly. I like email myself but I can use a phone so I have no problems. Marstar will get my business again for sure.
    Member;
    CCFR, CSSA, CPC, /G\
    NCR 1st Recon motto "The Last thing You Never See"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coppercarbide View Post
    Wanted to put my $0.02 in here about Marstar's excellent customer service.

I bought a TT-33 a few months ago. Great gun, I love shooting it.

Somehow, the firing pin broke on the gun. I checked marstars site and noticed they didn't have any in stock. I then phoned absolutely everyone else I could think of (including every one of the major site sponsors), and I either got a "no, we don't have parts", or "I can sell you another complete gun and you can take the firing pin out of that"...

Finally, I called Marstar (CALLED, this is key! Telephone works well!), and found out they warranty the gun for a year!

Yes, you heard me, I'll add caps for emphasis. MARSTAR WARRANTIES 50 YEAR OLD USED SOVIET PISTOLS IF THEY SELL THEM.

They sent a new firing pin, I got it today, I'm pumped to get back to the range.

Yes, I know, John is definitely on the cranky side on the forums (I'll admit it puts me off as well), but you can't argue with the phenomenal customer service. When I phoned, everyone was polite and helpful.

If I was looking for something Marstar sold, I'm not sure I would look anywhere else, nobody else offers that kind of service.
    Best thing that could happen is if they took away his key board ! :D
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

I'm sorry-but to defend yourself against -in many cases-spurious or just wrong criticism is simply trying to defend your name-and-no-to this point I have bought nothing from him-BUT-I did work in a warranty station/gunsmith/retail shop for a decade-so I am well aware of the potential of unjustified complaints/concerns that were news to the owners...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hmm, it's not really true, John is always offering his help.

CGN Regular
    Always 100% happy with the the folks at Marstar.Just waiting for my FSN-01F and x2 crates of ammo to show up!

Expired Business
    COPPERCARBIDE;

At Marstar we take our warranty very seriously....

Thank you for your support

John

Expired Business
    #1 BCSHOOTER;
    "Best thing that could happen is if they took away his key board !"

Thank you, I know I can always count on you for positive understanding and support....
    The doctor says I can keep my keyboard as a therapy tool, still no scissors or other sharp instruments though....I did not mention what business I'm in....

John

marstar service

i agree with everyone that says marstar service is great.

use the phone people. that's the thing that you only have to punch in a few no.s
    and you get to talk to a real person. old technology but it works
    if at first you don't succeed. try reading the instructions
    this does not apply to skydiving or bomb diffusion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast