Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Rust on SKS stripper clips

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by napalmdeath View Post
    Would you share some pictures of the strippers please ?
    I, too, would like to see some stripper pics.

Op: They are stripper clips, not guns. Steel wool, wd40. Save your indignation for a real problem.

Johnone, don't waste your time, offer the guy more stripper clips, and laugh along with the rest of us.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I've been going to an area called stave lake to do some shooting for my sks at the gravel pits. There were plenty of discarded stripper clips, but most were rusty lol. I did pick up a few for my personal collection, nothing beats free.

However I personally find it just easier to load by hand with the 5 round limit and all. Stripper clips would make more sense if 10 rounds were allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugout View Post
    Throw some my way LOL.

I tried to buy a few packs of 5 from one of the sponsor sites, like 3.50 a bag. The shipping calculator must have been having a tough day, I ran it 4 times, it came up with over 80 bucks for the cheapest Canada Post option, and my address is not on the International Space Station.
    Don't fire your rifle in the space station!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yngstr View Post
    However I personally find it just easier to load by hand with the 5 round limit and all. Stripper clips would make more sense if 10 rounds were allowed.
    I cut a few of mine just past the middle and crimped the end with a pair of pliers. 5 round SKS strippers!

PS they're 30+ year old stripper clips made in Russia. Invest in $4 worth of steel wool. Problem solved. If they cleaned polished and blued every one they sold you'd be paying $10 a piece for them.
    Last edited by kennymo; 05-06-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Dump them in a container with evapo-rust. Problem solved.
    Canadian Gun Rights:

"That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law." -- English Bill of Rights 1689

^^^^. Like he said. Stuff works well.

Toss them all in a contaner you can cap off, fill it with as much WD40/CLR as possible. Soak em for about a week, then brush em off with FFFF steel wool, good as new.
    Edward D.Morrison
    "If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the hearts of man."
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Good Lord. I'll pay it forward and send you some. PM me

CGN Regular
    My buddies and I each just bought an SKS, and we only got one stripper clip with each of the rifles (from Marstar). Anyone out there want to part with some? I would like 60, cuz that would be 10 each. I live near Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by stripperclipper View Post
    I think we should start a charitable foundation to supply stripper clips to the less fortunate.
    "Clips for kids"?
    We have taken them for granted for too long.
    lololol
    I personally never throw mine out. I usually stick em in my left pocket (my right pocket is full of loaded ones) I also usually come back with at least 30 that i find on the ground (well i make my kids find them while there picking up the brass from the larger guns) My first few sks's each came with 5 clips (from wholesale sports) my last one from marstar came with 1. I bought clips once and that was in the winter when finding em was tougher.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567