Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manitoba crown land?

Manitoba crown land?

Hi, just got my PAL!! i live in the southern area of Winnipeg(five minutes from perimeter) and i am wondering where the crown lands are to go shoot my father's .22. i would prefer to be going south to the city. I don't want to drive more than an hour away. it would be very convenient if it was to the south. Saying that i will still consider any other crown lands out there. please help me out! i want to shoot now! THANKS

U can head out east on the transcanada hwy past Richer about 5 min and on the north side of hwy is a gravel rd into the trout ponds , there is several pits to shoot at , about 30 min drive from perimeter, nothing south that I know of

There aren't too many places to shoot, south of Winnipeg, as most of the lands belong to farmers. Like the previous poster mentioned, east on Canada 1, past Ritcher, there are lots of good spots. You can also go south east past Marchand on Hwy 52 and also off Hwy 44 past Beausejour.
    Originally Posted by Foxer
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

Sounds great guys. One question thought, is there going to be alot of other people around there? Shooting aswell? I'd rather be more secluded

Usually people there on the weekends but there is several different pits to chose from, snow is pretty deep out there right now, need a truck until it melts a bit

New to this group today. I understand that the crown land available for shooting is to be used with great caution, and at ones own risk, but... is it really safe to be there? Is there an unwritten code of conduct? Just read an article that people are drinking and shooting...
    I know this question may seem a bit dumb, but I'm curious about the general attitudes about these places.

Thank everyone.

Female, late 30's. Just finished PAL safety course, no permit yet. Just doing research/due diligence.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Yes - mind you don't drive over or step in all of the broken glass, and try to leave it cleaner than you found it. We buy a box of clays and shoot those, since they break down.

Better yet, join a cheap range like Selkirk where you won't worry about redneck idgets and sharp bits of garbage.

If you're in the south end of the city Steinbach range might be closest.

freegluten, Perhaps you could point us to the article.
    Drinking and shooting is not something I have experienced.
    But you never know what a drunk liberal might do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paatz View Post
    If you're in the south end of the city Steinbach range might be closest.

freegluten, Perhaps you could point us to the article.
    Drinking and shooting is not something I have experienced.
    But you never know what a drunk liberal might do.
    Sadly, we don't really need an article to tell us that. Redneck idiots screwing around with guns while totally plastered have a habit of giving us all a bad name...

Any of you guns know about the legality if shooting at the old gravel pits of of provincial road 302?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast