Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Really Disappointed With North Sylva's Customer Service

CGN Regular
    Ok, I think this thread has gone a bit too far.

Therefore, IBTL

Quote Originally Posted by kidcom View Post
    Unfortunately I purchased this POS from Ellwood Epps. I don't want to spend another dime on this POS in order to ship it back to them for repairs. You've noticed that I have referred to it several times as a POS because that's exactly what it is (thxs Shotgunluvr). I was looking for a cheap 22SA to go along with my S&W M&P22 as a sort of back up. I might as well use it as a boat anchor. I've disgraced myself for allowing this piece of trash to share the same shelf space as my absolutely fantastic M&P22. I'll try to call them, if I can find their phone number. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait and see if North Sylva will eventually get back to me.

kidcom
    OP, did you actually contact the retailer who sold the gun to you, in this case, Ellwood Epps? Firearms are covered under warranties, and those warranties are enacted through the retailer from whom the firearm was purchased. You will always have a better experience dealing with the retailer from whom you purchased a firearm, rather than charging directly to the distributor with any issues you experience.

While I do not fully condone the comments made here regarding the validity of your post, many of the ideas being expressed to you are correct. Distributors such as North Sylva are designed to deal with the retailers to whom they sell and provide their products and services. They are not a store-front operation, and as such do not normally deal with end-user customers on a one-to-one basis. This sort of issue is meant to be handled from the retailer's counter.

In the case of your ISSC pistol, you would normally return the gun to Epps, and we in turn would forward the pistol to North Sylva for examination and repair under the product warranty. Any updates to the status of that repair would be forwarded to our store, and we would then forward those notifications to you.

If you do have any problems like this in the future, please follow this process. You will find that your experience will be far less stressful, and that the retailer will be more willing and able to work with you as the warranty repair progresses.

Hope this helps!
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

This thread needs to be locked and or deleted.

OP, you are not a custome of North Sylva's. You are a customer of Ellwood Epps. Call Ellwood and discuss your concerns with them, not the distributor.

They have as much responsibility in this issue as you do with world hunger - indirect at best. Just pick up the phone and deal with your issues and stop whining on the inter webs.

Thank you all for providing me a never ending source of entertainment!
    Friends help you move, true friends help you move bodies...

CGN Regular
    This thread needs to be locked now
    Proud member of CGN

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fitycal View Post
    Regardless of whether NS deals with retailers or regular customers like you and I, they owe the same amount of due care to anyone who they sell a single firearm to, whether it is an order of 50 or of one. Truth be told, the OP should definitely have tried to call them, but those arguments that NS deals mainly with retailers does not hold water in my books.
    Totally unrealistic flycal.
    Think about it, NS has a warranty service and repair shop set up to deal with the numerous dealers they have in the country.
    Warranty (and out of warranty) repairs come into them from the dealers and then go into queue to be dealt with in their turn.
    And the OP (and anyone who calls them on their own without going through the dealer channel) is basically saying they should drop all those people who are patiently waiting for their turn and deal with them NOW.
    Nope...count me as another who feels the OP should have gone through his dealer first.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFalcon115 View Post
    This thread needs to be locked now
    Why? I think the discussion here is quite relevant as consumers need to understand the difference between a dealer and a distributor. Distributors deal with retailers, retailers deal with customers.

Quote Originally Posted by fitycal View Post
    Truth be told, the OP should definitely have tried to call them, but those arguments that NS deals mainly with retailers does not hold water in my books.
    In addition to providing retailers with the massive orders they process on a daily basis, you think distributors should be dealing with end-user complaints and warranty issues as well? In that case, why have dealers and retailers at all?

If you buy a new Ford, do you go back to your local dealer for warranty work and repairs, or do you call up Ford Canada and expect immediate personalized service?

Why do people continue to waste to their money on these rifles? 90% of the threads concerning the MK22 are about how much of a piece of crap it is. If you want a tacticool plinker, buy an SR-22.

/thread
    Never get out of the boat...unless you're goin' all the way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    why do people not read a thread and assume they have input. its not a rifle.........

Quote Originally Posted by prepper4lyf View Post
    Why do people continue to waste to their money on these rifles? 90% of the threads concerning the MK22 are about how much of a piece of crap it is. If you want a tacticool plinker, buy an SR-22.

/thread

It would appear I have posted in error, thank you for your constructive reply Thread can be locked now.

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    why do people not read a thread and assume they have input. its not a rifle.........
    Never get out of the boat...unless you're goin' all the way.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast