Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Really Disappointed With North Sylva's Customer Service

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    haha

to be fair the rifle is model mk22 and the pistol is M22, dumb naming them both almost the same
    Quote Originally Posted by prepper4lyf View Post
    It would appear I have posted in error, thank you for your constructive reply Thread can be locked now.
    Last edited by luke s; 04-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.

I saw ISSC and 'problems' and immediately thought it must be about the MK22. It really bothers me that the rifles havn't been recalled by the manufacturer. People are still willing to pay over $700 for these things, that's bloody criminal. But I digress... thread has been thoroughly derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    haha

to be fair the rifle is model mk22 and the pistol is M22, dumb naming them both almost the same
    Never get out of the boat...unless you're goin' all the way.

North Sylva Customer Service...

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    OP, did you actually contact the retailer who sold the gun to you, in this case, Ellwood Epps? Firearms are covered under warranties, and those warranties are enacted through the retailer from whom the firearm was purchased. You will always have a better experience dealing with the retailer from whom you purchased a firearm, rather than charging directly to the distributor with any issues you experience.

While I do not fully condone the comments made here regarding the validity of your post, many of the ideas being expressed to you are correct. Distributors such as North Sylva are designed to deal with the retailers to whom they sell and provide their products and services. They are not a store-front operation, and as such do not normally deal with end-user customers on a one-to-one basis. This sort of issue is meant to be handled from the retailer's counter.

In the case of your ISSC pistol, you would normally return the gun to Epps, and we in turn would forward the pistol to North Sylva for examination and repair under the product warranty. Any updates to the status of that repair would be forwarded to our store, and we would then forward those notifications to you.

If you do have any problems like this in the future, please follow this process. You will find that your experience will be far less stressful, and that the retailer will be more willing and able to work with you as the warranty repair progresses.

Hope this helps!
    Obviously this post is from someone at Ellwood Epps. First and foremost for all concerned, I did contact Ellwood Epps originally about this issue. They advised me to ship it back to them for repairs. NOT, why should I pay shipping fees of around $20 (or more each way) for a gun that retailed for less than $400 (sans tax) when I can drop it off at NS and save shipping costs.

kidcom

BANNED
    So it's all good then ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kidcom View Post
    Obviously this post is from someone at Ellwood Epps. First and foremost for all concerned, I did contact Ellwood Epps originally about this issue. They advised me to ship it back to them for repairs. NOT, why should I pay shipping fees of around $20 (or more each way) for a gun that retailed for less than $400 (sans tax) when I can drop it off at NS and save shipping costs.

kidcom
    Did you even ask EPPS if they would reimburse you if it was in fact found that the firearm was faulty?

If I were you, I'd calm down, have a beer, take a deep breath and quit getting so horny over this. It's as you said only a 400$ gun. Patience will go a long way with solving your issue.

CGN Regular
    I think the OP's moniker says it all...'kidcom'.
    As many 'kids' have been brought up these days...the world revolves around them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
    As many 'kids' have been brought up these days...the world revolves around them.
    I don't think assumptions are needed either to bring more unnecessary drama to the situation at hand.

Ignorant Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
    Obviously, people like you bobtodrick with your ignorant comment, undermine the usefulness of these forums. This is suppose to be an area in which everyone can discuss issues and receive intelligent feedback from other members of the board. You, on the other hand, Mr. bobtodrick have failed to comprehend that. Just for clarification (which I really shouldn't have to provide but will), the name 'kidcom' comes from that wonderful institution in Toronto called 'The Hospital For Sick Children' whose in house communications network is titled 'kidcom'. Enough said and I'm finished posting to this thread.

CGN Regular
    Guys, quit fighting. If you wanna fight, do it with PMs. Fighting on a public thread is disrespectful. Someone close this thread
    Proud member of CGN

As stated before, even though I am one persong, I did phone S&W for warentee work and was told to phone NS directly as they are S&Ws service center in canada. All products I deal with, firearms not excluded, have a manufactures warentee so thats who I contact for warentee work. I have to say... Not impressed with S&W customer support either

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast