Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RMO-93 Rys-K and Rys-F

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    Any word on the availability of the KS-23?
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Quote Originally Posted by 870P View Post

Long story short; they're pretty quirky and I don't think too many folks would pick them over a conventional pump for serious use, but they'd be great as a fun shotgun and conversation piece.
    Well, I have a few of them... and the only thing somewhat quirky is the loading. When doing it under stress (or speed) it's easy to fumble and not hook the round properly on the magazine tube catch (whatever you want to call that thing).

But once loaded (7+1), it is the most reliable shotgun I've ever had (other than a side x side). I've lost track of how many slugs (well over a thousand) and god only knows how many party-packs of promotional bird shots through it... and I've yet to have one single malfunction.

One of these days I've got to make a video of the control feed mechanism. If you ever find a way to induce a jam, please let me know. Because I haven't been able to do so. It doesn't matter how fast (or slow) you cycle the action. It doesn't matter if you're holding the gun side-way or upside down. It will always feed/eject.

Should you short stroke it, the empty shells will simply stay put on the breach face, until you cycle it again. When you're at the end of the pump cycle, the empty shells is ejected clear of the action.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRich View Post
    Has tula ever considered making a semi-auto only SR-3?

No answer on this eh? Looks awesome!
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    Well, I have a few of them... and the only thing somewhat quirky is the loading. When doing it under stress (or speed) it's easy to fumble and not hook the round properly on the magazine tube catch (whatever you want to call that thing).

But once loaded (7+1), it is the most reliable shotgun I've ever had (other than a side x side). I've lost track of how many slugs (well over a thousand) and god only knows how many party-packs of promotional bird shots through it... and I've yet to have one single malfunction.

One of these days I've got to make a video of the control feed mechanism. If you ever find a way to induce a jam, please let me know. Because I haven't been able to do so. It doesn't matter how fast (or slow) you cycle the action. It doesn't matter if you're holding the gun side-way or upside down. It will always feed/eject.

Should you short stroke it, the empty shells will simply stay put on the breach face, until you cycle it again. When you're at the end of the pump cycle, the empty shells is ejected clear of the action.
    Belated thanks for that, I'd love to see a video.

Anyway, any word on the Rys or the KS-23?

I found this cutaway picture of various KS-23 loads, it looks to me like number 7 is basically a stainless steel sub gauge adapter insert fitted with a 12 gauge shell, if that's the case then that would at least give you something cheap and plentiful to shoot if 23mm is too expensive or not available.

http://i2.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum...19/8519449.jpg
    Canada is done, save the West.

Any updates?

How about the KS-23 also?

I think these shotguns look pretty great! The SR-3 is originally chambered in 9x39mm and will be classed as an AK variant. It's rather similar. The KS-23 would be cool, if 4 gauge (or whatever ridiculous gauge it's chambered in) were actually available. My greatest dream is to see a thread on gunnutz that doesn't break down into demanding the unrealistic.
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

I'm still down for an RMB-93, in the event the sanctions are lifted!

Thread resurection!!!'n
    NFA MEMBER
    CPC MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Steyrtac View Post
    Thread resurection!!!'n
    Good call! Any updates?

Supporting Dealer
    Sanctions are still in place

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast