Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISSC M22 Problems

Kidcom,

Some rimfires (see most) are ammo picky by nature.

I'm glad to hear you found a load that the gun likes. CCI seems to work well in most rimfires. maybe try a few different "bulk" brands before you give up hope.

Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Thanks,

Final Thoughts on ISSC M22

Ok I can finally give the M22 my Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval so to speak. I've tried several different brands of ammo over the course of the last month with varying results. The problem with the M22 is NOT the gun itself BUT it's magazines. I've always loaded my mags with max amount of ammo (10 rounds) only to have it consistently jam. By putting only 5 rounds per mag eliminated all of the problems that I was having. I even went back to ammo that I previously tried and had failed to cycle properly only to find the ammo worked perfectly under my 5 round per mag rule. The fact that I've put over 500 rounds through the M22 probably helped as well. So if you want a cheap 22LR Glock knockoff, go for the ISSC M22. It's fairly accurate and not bad for the price.

kidcom
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

CGN frequent flyer
    ya.. after shooting 500 round of more powerfull ammo (stinger and minimag) the spring is probably not hard like it was new
    I have already heard that its a good thing to shoot 100 round of stinger or minimag before trying more cheapest round...

HAve you tried to shoot with full mag of cheap ammo after the stinger and minimag ?!

Yep....same results... jams like hell....

Kidcom

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    If I may. I have had mine for a while, been to the range twice and have tried a long long list of ammo and 9 times out of 10 it fails to extract. Now 8 have cleaned it and fired it dry no difference. I have oiled the pi $# out of it no difference. Then on the advice of my local gun store I attempted to polish it with Flitz, and still 9 out of 10 wouldn't extract. The extractor looks mint and I personally can't find anything wrong.
    Last edited by Expendable Nate; 12-15-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

have to cut the slide down, on youtube , extractor not returning to grab casing ,, easy fix if you got the time and gear,,

youtube it issc 22

Quote Originally Posted by freemanopentim View Post
    have to cut the slide down, on youtube , extractor not returning to grab casing ,, easy fix if you got the time and gear,,
    You don't need to cut the slide at all. What if something goes wrong and you somehow damage the slide? You then have a very expensive repair on you hands. What I did was to simply file down the outside of the extractor (cheap to replace) so that it doesn't rub against the slide. That was the end of all my extraction problems....
    Last edited by kidcom; 04-07-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12