Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISSC M22 Problems

ISSC M22 Problems

I just want everyone to know about the excellent experience that I recently had in dealing with North Sylva. You all may recall my recent (closed) thread in which I expressed my disappointment with North Sylva's customer service. Well was I ever wrong about that. You couldn't ask for better service in my humble opinion. I delivered my M22 to North Sylva on Tuesday April 9th and was advised today that my M22 will be replaced with a brand new one, as mine was defective. I want to express my thanks to both Jon and Rob at North Sylva for the excellent service and support that they provided me. However, I feel that I should make it perfectly clear to all members of GunNutz. North Sylva is a distrubuter. They are NOT a dealer and as such they should be your LAST avenue taken to resolve any firearm related problems. In this situation the M22 was purchased by me from an out of town dealer (Ellwood Epps) and I did contact Epps first. However, after reviewing the cost for shipping it back to Epps, considering what I paid for the gun and the fact that I live in the same city as North Sylva's business, I contacted them directly about my problem. Again thanks NS for everything.....

Kidcom

New ISSC M22

Well I received my new replacement ISSC M22 on Tuesday April 23rd with thanks to North Sylva. I'm off to the range this Saturday to test the new ISSC M22 out. I'll let everyone know how it went...

Kidcom
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

Hope it goes well. I've had one for close to a year, very fun pistol. Mine is okay with Federal bulk, but it loves Mini Mags, just good luck finding them right now

10-4 on the mini-mags. It feeds like a charm. Mine is still finicky with the Fed packs, however. I've read a few posts that after a good break-in period it starts to feed the Feds better.
    Everyone's milage will vary I guess. Bottom line is that it's well built gun, in my opinion.

The big question is, who has magazines for sale? I'll try North Sylva I guess.
    When someone sends me text asking a question and uses "plz" instead of "please" because it's shorter, I always tell them "no" instead of "yes" because it's shorter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dorm View Post
    10-4 on the mini-mags. It feeds like a charm. Mine is still finicky with the Fed packs, however. I've read a few posts that after a good break-in period it starts to feed the Feds better.
    Everyone's milage will vary I guess. Bottom line is that it's well built gun, in my opinion.

The big question is, who has magazines for sale? I'll try North Sylva I guess.
    In all fairness to what you guys have said about this gun and ammo, I have to say that my well-used Ruger 10/22 does not work well with bulk Feds or any Remington ammo. CCI high/hyper velocity or Blazers are the only ammo I feed it as a result.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

i heard the new gen versions of these rifles are miles ahead of the older ones. let us know how your range trip goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    i heard the new gen versions of these rifles are miles ahead of the older ones. let us know how your range trip goes.
    Hi Donster 125,

I believe this thread is about the ISSC pistol.
    When someone sends me text asking a question and uses "plz" instead of "please" because it's shorter, I always tell them "no" instead of "yes" because it's shorter!!!

The Results

Well I finally got to test my new replacement ISSC M22 at the range last Saturday. It was a total disaster to say the least. First and foremost, after a couple rounds, off came the front sight once again. As with my previous experience, one of the two little snap in tabs on the sight was broken. This time I came prepared. I stuck the sight back on the slide and added a wee bit of crazy glue to hold it there broken tab and all and it worked. After that things went from bad to worse. I tried various types of ammo which included Blazer 40 grain at 1200FPS, Federal Bulk 40 grain and Winchester 40 grain at 1255FPS. The M22 constantly failed to eject, jammed or failed to feed to the point that I became totally frustrated and packed it in for the day. I was ready to toss the M22 into the trash can on the way out of the gun club but of course didn't. Although extremely frustrated with the M22, I wasn't prepared as yet to throw in the towel. I read several posts here about other people's personal experience with the M22 and what they did to resolve their problems. So I decided to take a different approach to my issue with ammunition. I decided to purchase a more expensive high quality ammunition to see whether or not I get better results. What I purchased was CCI Stinger 22LR Varmint 32 grain at 1640FPS for $6.50 plus tax for a box of 50. When I returned to the club on Tuesday, the results where as different as night and day. I fired the whole box of 50. The first 40 rounds I fired in 10 round groups on bullseye targets. The last ten rounds I rapid fired them at a bullseye target as well. There wasn't one failure to feed or to extract. It was a perfect experience especially the rapid fire, as I was convinced that it would jam. So there you have it. My M22 has now been elevated from a potential piece of junk to having a place on the shelf with my other guns. My only gripe now is that I have to find cheaper ammo that will work. Any suggestions????

kidcom :D:D
    Last edited by kidcom; 05-01-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

Quote Originally Posted by kidcom View Post
    My M22 has now been elevated from a potential piece of junk to having a place on the shelf with my other guns. My only gripe now is that I have to find cheaper ammo that will work. Any suggestions????

kidcom :D:D
    Most of the posts on this pistol all agree, for the most part, that going the more expensive route on the ammo (mine likes mini mags and hates Fed bulk) is the answer. I've read that with time and break-in it becomes more forgiving with Fed bulk and similar ammo but I guess the only way to get there is to stick with the mini mags and and stingers. After my trial and error experience it has also become a favourite of mine.

My ISSC M22 loves CCI minimags (hp or rn type). Blazers will NOT cycle unless gun is spotlessly cleaned (!?), federal will do FTE a lot and ANY winchester does not work at all...
    One thing that suprised me is that cheap (at least in my town) remington thunderbolts (500 pack) works 100%. It is dirty ammo but works very good.
    My 2 cents...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast