Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Boberg Arms XR9-L Preorder Extravaganza

interested as well

Nice.

Better read the reviews on these guns guys. They have a very poor track record. I like them for the size, just like everybody else. But if they are a piece of junk, what is the point? Question. What is the warranty on these guns and who will do the work? Also turn around time when they go down?

I am not trying to screw up your business here. So please don't get pissed off. Thanks.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    They have a very poor track record.
    I am willing to take one chance this once...

...but for anyone that worries a heck of a lot about a probable $1500 (for Onyx) or so that maybe, might, could and/or has a probability of having a repair/fix/glitch removeal this might not be the firearm for you; understandably. I was very skeptical of my Norc M305, thinking it was chinese crap like the NcStar garbage I have bought in the past, and that was only $400 (and some might still call the M305 crap, but mine is awesome).

However, if someone doesn't buy a family business product then it is hard for them to get feedback and make a good product excellent: I have the patience and willingness to take one risk.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    Better read the reviews on these guns guys. They have a very poor track record. I like them for the size, just like everybody else. But if they are a piece of junk, what is the point? Question. What is the warranty on these guns and who will do the work? Also turn around time when they go down?

I am not trying to screw up your business here. So please don't get pissed off. Thanks.
    Luckily, Arnie Boberg himself is so excited about bringing his pistol to Canada that he has an account here on CGN, and discussed this "track record" here in our previous thread.

Short and sweet: The very first few guns of the very first production run had an issue no further Bobergs have had -- purely the deal with being an early adopter. The XR9-L has had years of R&D and years of function testing and learning from the XR9-S behind it. We have seen these guns perform and we are happy to agree with Mr. Boberg, a gifted engineer, about the functionality of these pistols.

As he put it: the reviews people mention to this day were outdated around the second they were written, and certainly do not reflect the pistols since (and those issues were resolved for customers interested in pursuing help from Boberg Arms).

I will be calling monday

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Sounds like Arnie Boberg is a stand up guy. Customer support and service is what it's all about and it's not easy in Canada where retailers sell guns they can't buy parts for......

Good for you! I have a chinese m305 in a Sage stock that works just great. I had a Springfield m14 and sold it because the norc does everything the Springfield could. I hope the Bomberg does work out. I'll wait 'till the jury comes back with that one. I have heard the machining on the Bombergs are really good. But there are issues with the gun being finicky with certain types of ammo. Failure to feed and fire are two. Also the double claw extractor sometimes pulls the round apart on some types of ammo. Leaving you with a jammed gun with brass, gunpowder and bullet stuck in the chamber. It is a great looking gun, now lets see how good it is.

that thing looks awesome. does any one make a nice holster for it yet?

After looking into the Boberg reviews and comments in a more detailed fashion. I think this little puppy has the potential of being a winner. Time to get in line and get one.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast