Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Boberg Arms XR9-L Preorder Extravaganza

$1600 for the basic version of this pistol? Am I the only one that thinks, that's a little expensive for a pistol like this? Hell, add a few hundred and you can get a HK MK 23 or a Sig P210, with a proven track record.

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    $1600 for the basic version of this pistol? Am I the only one that thinks, that's a little expensive for a pistol like this? Hell, add a few hundred and you can get a HK MK 23 or a Sig P210, with a proven track record.
    If no one had purchased the HK or Sig when they came out for the same reason?
    Each to their own I guess......all manufacturers start somewhere
    Everyone has different tastes and opinions(which is a good thing)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    That'd be because we are sorting out availability of numbers of each color of grips and baseplates for the shipment before we make them available for preorder!
    Awesome as always!

EDIT: I'll just did a sloppy Photo Shop of green grips on an Onyx... the jury is still out: gonna search Boberg site or something for a photo. Green on black is a bit 'funny' to me.

----

I figure some people might want to buy one to 'thumb their noses' or in hopes one day of having CCW. Myself, I like the bolt locking design and the slide weight location relative to grip: I'd still buy it if it was twice as big and in .45.
    Last edited by Aniest; 04-17-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

They are developing a .45 cal version.
    I believe.
    Last edited by TeeJay; 04-18-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    “Politicians and diapers must be replaced often, and for the same reason.”
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    $1600???

Two Tone: $1,299.99
    Onyx & Platinum: $1,599.99

Just remember, a thirty-year-old HK P7 will cost you nearly as much.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Expried Business Member
    Going rate for a used P7 as far as I last saw them was in the 1700-1800 range, or more for the hard chrome, but I haven't kept my eye on them in quite some time. I've never been a fan of the squeeze cocking mechanism so when I learned we were bringing in the Boberg I stopped looking

Cheers,
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I looked at the short trigger too: but I looked at the pound-pull curve and noticed at 2.5lb increase for the short over standard.
    That's what has me concerned.

Wanstalls or anyone else - can you advise what is best for target shooting? I might want to change my pre-order to a regular trigger if the short is mainly for CCW. Thanks!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by K1LLswitch View Post
    That's what has me concerned.

Wanstalls or anyone else - can you advise what is best for target shooting? I might want to change my pre-order to a regular trigger if the short is mainly for CCW. Thanks!
    I'm also very curious. What are the main reasons you'd choose the short vs. the long trigger? Is it really obvious that one is for carry and one is for target? Or is it 100% personal preference?

CGN Regular
    I read nearly all of what's available on the internet and here's the deal with the trigger: Arne Boberg the inventor made people try the short trigger side by side with the regular one. Most people preferred the short one. He even wanted at one point to make it the standard on the XR9-L (the one we are getting here).

As for what they really feel like, I don't know. On the pull weight graphic of the short one, maybe there's a little "wall" there making it feel like a double stage with a predictable break, maybe not.

I ordered the standard one. On the Boberg website, they have the option to convert to the short trigger for 80$ if you want to do it afterwards or have the possibility of both.

Maybe Arne could chime in on the subject if he follows this thread.

It is true that the short stroke trigger is making the best first impression. Since I have about 50K rounds through the long stroke trigger, I prefer it. With the short stroke trigger, the force is higher and more happens at once. That being said, we are continuing to sell a lot of short stroke triggers. What I need to do is include a graphic of the short stroke trigger with our 6 lb mainspring, and one with our 6-1/2 lb mainspring (which is a pre-stretched 7-1/2 lb mainspring). I have been shipping some of these 6-1/2 lb springs as a compromise (available on request) - it has less chance of light strikes than the 6lb (due to having the same spring rate as the 7.5 lb) but has a lower starting pull force than either the 6 or the 7-1/2. In the near future, we will have a production 6-1/2 available. I don't mean for this to be too complicated - this is just what happens when you have the product out there for awhile - a lot gets learned as to what works and what people prefer.
    By the way, the cost to convert to short stroke trigger at Boberg Arms is $34.95 (less for dealers). If you order a short stroke trigger kit to upgrade the gun you own, it is $79.95. The short stroke parts are ordered in lower quantities thus costing us significantly more.