Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Boberg Arms XR9-L Preorder Extravaganza

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abboberg View Post
    With the short stroke trigger, the force is higher and more happens at once.
    So, if I am reading this right, in other words:
    - if you want a smoother, slightly longer trigger pull, go with a standard trigger
    - if you want a shorter, more abrupt but heavier trigger pull, go with a short stroke trigger

I went with a standard because comparing it to the pull curves of the firearms I am used to now it, seems more similar: the standard trigger seemed like a refined version of the 'stock' DA triggers I have now. To go to a short stroke meant a 6lb that felt like 8lb and was a trigger mechanism that would feel more like my target rifles: but my target rifles have 3.5lb triggers and I didn't want to confuse my already set muscle memory.

...or at least, that's how I see it: I could be wrong...
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Thanks Arne for chiming in and Aniest for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

I ordered the short, and presumably could also get a standard after the fact if I find it hard for target shooting. Hopefully someone in Calgary gets a regular and we can compare notes.

Now if I could stop second guessing on my decision to get the Onyx vs the Platinum!!!! I am not good with options.

CGN Regular
    You don't get it better than that when you got the one who created the pistol replying. Thanks for the information. When you're playing with half pounds, I guess you're pretty done. It's a pretty slim margin.

After some testing on my own with a Glock, the short but heavier feels good while dry firing but does not deliver in "real" timed shooting. So for me, I prefer my trigger lighter even though they may be longer. I was trying to get a 1911 like trigger but that is not possible.

Aniest, you got it right with the choices for the boberg.

That's why I have chosen the standard + 6 pounds spring. For my competition guns, I must have 100% reliability, but for this one, I guess that if I get a light strike once in a while with the possibility to just press the trigger again, it would be OK.

K1llswitch: I'm the same with options. I got the two tone, not being able to justify paying 300$ only for a black look that may require more break in even thought it looks better for me. When there's dessert on a table, I have to get a small slice of each, but I can't buy two with two different colors and trigger even though that would be awesome.

Expried Business Member
    Onyx is now in the lead, for those playing along at home.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Just another piece of info: the short stroke trigger has a travel (and reset) of .28" (7mm), the long stroke, .38" (9.6mm). This is measured at the center of the trigger (center of pull).

A tenth of an inch? This big debate is over a tenth of an inch?
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Do magazines come with followers or are they still optional? If not can they be ordered directly from Boberg Arms?
    Also, when will the extended magazines be available? Not that I want to make a small gun bigger but I'm thinking about stability for range shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Pre-orders will be open until Friday April 26th when Boberg needs his final numbers for production.
    Reminder: Likely only 3.5 days left on the pre-order for first shipment in July. ( I hope that is early, early July. )

Quote Originally Posted by 0071 View Post
    Do magazines come with followers or are they still optional?
    I heard the follower does not allow the +1 as it takes up enough space that a full magazine will not seat on a closed action (follower is flat and takes up room, where with only the spring the round sits lower into the spring slightly): I would prefer not to have followers in mine, thank you.
    Last edited by Aniest; 04-22-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spell'n
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Regular
    Thanks Wanstalls for the stats.

If you or Arne could post an update about the order once in a while when you have them, it would be nice. Something like they left the factory or the like.
    We promise not to complain about long custom or transit time!

Just out of curiosity - how come only the L is being brought in? I have seen a couple of pics online of the S with a 4.2" barrel. Isn't this legal in Canada?