Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Schmeisser AR-15 Rifle's now available in Canada!

1:9 is the happy medium. You can shoot lighter to heavier bullets with no problem. It's the middle of the road approach.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjhaile View Post
    What I don't get is the railed gas block. Why not extend the railed forend instead?
    So you can stagger your high powered tactical lazer scope offset tactical sniper bling?.....TACTICAL!!!!!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    1:9 is the happy medium. You can shoot lighter to heavier bullets with no problem. It's the middle of the road approach.
    I view 1:9 as a crappy compromise....as is a 14.5" barrel with a carbine length gas system....I thought German companies were smarter than this.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    Lighter bullets will function just fine in 1:7 and 1:9, you won't OVER stabilize them :P, at that point individual rifle characteristics (such as being match grade) will make more difference than the twist.

Twist is only make or break with the heaviest match bullets vs the lightest varmit loads

This subject has been debated forever. I guess it's to each their own.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    I view 1:9 as a crappy compromise....as is a 14.5" barrel with a carbine length gas system....I thought German companies were smarter than this.
    The market dictates...Also German regulations of exportation are horrible and at the whims of there Czars...

If you are going to get a higher class AR I would suggest getting it closer to a Mil-spec AR as possible.....To each there own, I would want to know of the specs before buying this rifle, like for example (What is the BCG going to be?? FA or SA?).

I just ordered a KAC 14.5 upper so all be out of the AR market this year but buy next year this might be on the list depending on the specs. I have been looking at this company for several years now and would want one for collectors purposes, but with Steyr offering it's piston version and so many other companies out there now in Europe I want the rifle to be right the way I want it to be, or all have to pass.

I don't want any 223 chambers, or 1/9 twist, or semi BCG or anything else like that anymore, there is no need for it....

Just saying...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MapleSugar's Avatar
    FWIW, about ten years ago I asked Dave Brown at Sierra Bullets what was the best twist rate for handling all of the various .223 Rem bullet weights.

He said that a 1:8" twist will stabilize them all.

I can't attest to that though, because I never did end up building a target rifle in .223 Rem.

Is that a backwards EoTech look-a-like thingy? Or is it forwards EoTech look-a-like thingy?

very nice looking machine,, any chance the germans can be influence to bring us 18.5"-20" full float with 1:9 twist, full alloy (stainless,chrome- moly alloy, make it worthy of the cost. rather then 7075) upper and lower in 223's or perhaps 308? would they mail order direct from the factory? i see to many Cadillac's not worth the price.. lately. but that a good thing, increases value for older AR-15.. just saying

they do: http://www.schmeisser-germany.de/en/...ltramatch.html
    Last edited by Vettek50; 04-16-2013 at 12:35 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Not impressed with the UTG pistol grip, I know it's probally a pain to get U.S. made parts but they could have at least got CAA from Israel. For that money I would not want Made in China parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettek50 View Post
    very nice looking machine,, any chance the germans can be influence to bring us 18.5"-20" full float with 1:9 twist, full alloy (stainless,chrome- moly alloy, make it worthy of the cost. rather then 7075) upper and lower in 223's or perhaps 308? would they mail order direct from the factory? i see to many Cadillac's not worth the price.. lately. but that a good thing, increases value for older AR-15.. just saying

they do: http://www.schmeisser-germany.de/en/...ltramatch.html
    UCP member
    CPC member

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast