Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Schmeisser AR-15 Rifle's now available in Canada!

Schmeisser AR-15 Rifle's now available in Canada!

Hi CGNer's,

North Sylva is proud to announce a partnership with Schmeisser GmbH Germany.

We will be importing their ultra high quality M4/AR15 rifles. These rifles are ideal for the enthusiast that demands the utmost precision from the AR15 platform.

The Schmeisser rifles are available with the following features.

Mil Spec lower & upper receiver made from 7075T6 Aluminium, hard anodized.
    Free Floated Multi-rail Handguard with rail covers, hard anodized (inkl.Rail covers)
    Schmeisser Polymer Grip with 6pcs. interchangeable grip sizes.
    Schmeisser M4, 6-Position adjustable stock with cheek Rest and position marking hole. (This is absolute perfect in use, if not needed, easy to remove without trace)
    Buffer Tube with 6-Position Markings
    Polymer (BUIS) Flip up front and rear sight
    Free floated Lothar Walther Match barrel (M4 Style) with 1/9 Twist and Muzzle brake. 14.5" length.These barrel's are special made for Schmeisser, for extreme precision shooting and long life.
    Schmeisser optimized trigger
    Multi-rail Gasblock
    Full size cleaning kit
    Schmeisser Cordura case with number look

We expect our first shipment of Schmeisser carbine's in mid-July.

MSRP pricing for the first shipment will be $ 2099.99. This is special introductory pricing,and will rise on following shipments.

Please see the following images. please note, the optic picture is not included.

Thanks,

BANNED
    Not big on the 1/9 twist for the barrels....1/7 would be more attractive....Nice too see you guys are bringing these in though....

Quote Originally Posted by Leibermuster View Post
    Not big on the 1/9 twist for the barrels....1/7 would be more attractive....Nice too see you guys are bringing these in though....

If enough people chime in that they would prefer to see a 1/7" twist, I could probably have this change done from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Leibermuster View Post
    1/7 is okay for heavier bullets.

40 grain for 1:12 twist
    55 grain for 1:9 twist
    77 grain for 1:7 twist

Most ammo we get for the AR 15 around here is 55 grain which is optimum for the 1:9 barrel twist. I don't see any 77 grain around much, if at all. Unless of course you reload. I think the people at Schmeisser took this into consideration when they went for the 1:9 twist rate. (German smart!)

The 1/7 is good if you want your bullet to break apart when it hits its target causing maximum destruction of the object it hits. Good for military application, right?

I like the 1/9 twist myself. The Zombie will still fall down. The rifle looks real nice and I would love to try this one out.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Looks good. Nice to see more options on the market.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    If enough people chime in that they would prefer to see a 1/7" twist, I could probably have this change done from the factory.
    More so than that, I would prefer a low profile gas block, properly drilled and taper pinned at the factory over the big chunky railed gas block as it sits right now and then changing it later with a set screw type gas block.
    Piss off a Liberal, Buy a gun!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    1/7 is okay for heavier bullets.

40 grain for 1:12 twist
    55 grain for 1:9 twist
    77 grain for 1:7 twist

Most ammo we get for the AR 15 around here is 55 grain which is optimum for the 1:9 barrel twist. I don't see any 77 grain around much, if at all. Unless of course you reload. I think the people at Schmeisser took this into consideration when they went for the 1:9 twist rate. (German smart!)

The 1/7 is good if you want your bullet to break apart when it hits its target causing maximum destruction of the object it hits. Good for military application, right?

I like the 1/9 twist myself. The Zombie will still fall down. The rifle looks real nice and I would love to try this one out.
    Forget that, there are way to many 1/9 out there already and there is more heavier bullets becoming available these days, and the war is winding down so more Milsurp in the future.....

I apologize if this is a silly question, but is this chambered in .223 or 5.56?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster1a2 View Post
    I apologize if this is a silly question, but is this chambered in .223 or 5.56?
    .223 Rem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    1:7 allows you to shoot accurately shoot quality bullets of almost any weight/length without any major tradeoff. As a rule of thumb, 1:12 is good for up to 55-60 grain bullets and 1:9 up to around 70 grains.

Heavy bullets may be rare in factory ammo, but they are fairly common as components.

What I don't get is the railed gas block. Why not extend the railed forend instead?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast