Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today at the TSE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Calling 911...SMART!!!

Great for everyone involved. Stern warning, after that...banned from their range.
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    A lot of attitudes sound incorrect for a public form. Even joking about shooting back or having a knife is no joke. Sure "we" can take the humour, but it's not us that we are worried about.
    The knife is so that you can share your apple with him and calm him down.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curseyou View Post
    The big question is was this person banned? I could not tolerate a person who would both make that mistake, and act with hostility to a correction. Get that person a 1 year ban and privileges resumed only after 10 supervised shoots with a range director. Any, and I mean any additional screw ups and the ban should be permanent, and you could even report him so he loses his PAL. This guy would not have passed his PAL with that level of negligence AND poor attitude.

This sport is not for everyone.
    Why not 11 supervised shoots?
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

guys, just to clarify: the gun WAS NOT loaded, but I agree - even in this case this situation is not acceptable....
    Ask-hole: Someone who constantly asks for advice then does the opposite of what you told them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer curseyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    Why not 11 supervised shoots?
    Because this is not spinal tap. The absolute number is almost arbitrary, but you need more than one. He passed his RPAL test, but ####s up like this at a range. Repeated tests demonstrate reasonably that he CAN control himself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Similar thing happen at POCO range today. RO immediately yelled at the shooter pointing handgun in wrong direction, told him one and only warning. Next time you are gone for the day with infraction on record; next infraction lost your membership or banned for 1? year.

No joking matter, sad it is usually the testosterone males and "experienced hunters" that have attitude toward safety.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    I had someone point a handgun at me and I said please don't point that at me I don't like it he said don't worry it's not loaded with his finger on the trigger I said I don't care If it's loaded or not because if you don't stop mine will be loaded and pointing back. He went O ok and stopped. I said it in a nice way I don't like any firearm pointed at me unless I know it's unloaded and that would have to be done by me. Turns out he pointed it down range pulled the trigger after saying see it's unloaded and it went bang. He went woah crap sorry. I said that's how accidents happen he went yah no kidding.

Things happen at the range and I've been hit by a bullet before I don't plan on it happening again. Now it hit the floor the ceiling the floor the ceiling the back wall then it did floor and ceiling again and it hit me on the other side of the range after she was told don't shoot the floor the bullets will come back her friend said shoot the floor and she did she was banned from the range for life because she was told that. I did walk down the to the other side of the range and I said excuse me would you like your bullet back it just hit me. She went woah I didn't know it would do that. The range officer that was with her just told her not to do it and she did it anyways. Now granted it was so slow that it bounced off but that's not the point I still got shot...

CGN Regular
    The staff are always really good about keeping everybody in line.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    I had someone point a handgun at me and I said please don't point that at me I don't like it he said don't worry it's not loaded with his finger on the trigger I said I don't care If it's loaded or not because if you don't stop mine will be loaded and pointing back. He went O ok and stopped. I said it in a nice way I don't like any firearm pointed at me unless I know it's unloaded and that would have to be done by me. Turns out he pointed it down range pulled the trigger after saying see it's unloaded and it went bang. He went woah crap sorry. I said that's how accidents happen he went yah no kidding.

Things happen at the range and I've been hit by a bullet before I don't plan on it happening again. Now it hit the floor the ceiling the floor the ceiling the back wall then it did floor and ceiling again and it hit me on the other side of the range after she was told don't shoot the floor the bullets will come back her friend said shoot the floor and she did she was banned from the range for life because she was told that. I did walk down the to the other side of the range and I said excuse me would you like your bullet back it just hit me. She went woah I didn't know it would do that. The range officer that was with her just told her not to do it and she did it anyways. Now granted it was so slow that it bounced off but that's not the point I still got shot...
    Congratulations ! That has to be the most unbelievable post ever. Nice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer curseyou's Avatar
    I had a kindly gentleman who pointed an M1A at me at the range while figuring out how it worked. (Loaded!) I pointed it out to him. "Arrrrgh watch where you point that thing!" and he was not only apologetic, but immediately and for the remainder of the session continuously apologetic and continue to display proper technique. There was no poor attitude, and he was willing to own up to his mistake and make corrections. He sat out for 30 minutes to collect his thoughts and regain focus. (He was griping about a bad divorce) Other members took the time to help this guy out for the rest of the day, and he was happy to accept proper tutelage. Mistakes happen and you own up to them. I'm ok with simple corrective measures and a short observation period to ensure the lesson is learned. Bad mistakes and a poor attitude I cannot tolerate. It says that not only are you not fessing up to your mistakes, but that you don't care about the health of your fellow shooters, the welfare of your club, the status of shooting in Canada and you are unwilling to learn. The sport doesn't need anyone like that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast