Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: XCR-L spare parts kit recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Frank McFarquhar View Post
    I have read 7 pages of this topic & ran out of time to read all 13 pages. I have the XCR-L & just finished getting a basic SERVICE Kit
    for it , mostly from Wolverine . The kit is just ; firing pin , recoil buffer & extractor spring.
    Since I bought this rifle new 2 yrs. ago I have had only 1 problem , right from the start. When the rifle warmed up it would not extract
    the brass from the chamber. On examining the extractor , it was loose in the bolt. I removed the ext. spring & found a pieces of RUBBER
    & not a metal coil spring. In my shop I found a metal coil spring with the correct diameter & I fit it for length . I works fine now for the
    last 2,000 rnds. When I received my Service Kit , the new spring was also RUBBER . In talking to Wolverine they confirmed that
    RUBBER springs are what Robinson use. So far I am keeping to my metal one.
    Anyone else had issues with theirs ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Frank
    I Haven't taken my bolt apart yet, and haven't had any issues. But a rubber spring? This is new to me.
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tavares86 View Post
    I Haven't taken my bolt apart yet, and haven't had any issues. But a rubber spring? This is new to me.
    They use a rubber "spring" in the extractor. The hold up pretty well.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Word of caution if you use Ed's Red to clean your XCR, because Ed's Red is a mixture of really nasty solvents, it will soften and melt your polymer extractor spring and bolt carrier buffer given enough time, I had to replace them in my XCR Micro after about 3 years or close to 4000 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    Word of caution if you use Ed's Red to clean your XCR, because Ed's Red is a mixture of really nasty solvents, it will soften and melt your polymer extractor spring and bolt carrier buffer given enough time, I had to replace them in my XCR Micro after about 3 years or close to 4000 rounds.
    Excellent point. Thanks for mentioning that I forgot to point out that certain solvents can weaken them. We have customers with over 10000 rounds through their rifles that have never had to change extractor or buffer. Keeping your gas setting as low as possible also helps keep the life of the buffer long.

i would be in for a spare parts kit or two as well, for my Keymod .223/5.56
    also, i have read post from years ago talking about a match trigger. is there any trigger upgrades on the market?

ps. the availability of a short barrel for the standard upper would be amazing! especially after the long uppers are available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    I'd be down for 2 packages too.

And an 11 or 12" barrel

I need a few parts kits, especially having a firing pin crap out in dry fire. I keep checking for all the parts I want / need in stock at once, and keep missing out
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Apologies for side tracking, I noticed a lot of you mention you were having issues with the bolt hold open letting go on its own. I experienced this issue in my M exclusively with P Mags but no others. If you file a small amount of material off the follower it 100% resolves the issue. I did it with 3 magazines. The picture sucks, I did it on my phone. It illustrates the spot that requires the material removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    They use a rubber "spring" in the extractor. The hold up pretty well.
    I bought my XCR-L new . After firing about 2-3 boxes in a row ,the gun was now warm & would not extract , so jammed up.
    I replaced that ,,,,,,,,,, Rubber ( or whatever) spring behind the extractor for a real metal one , that I made up from stock.
    3,000. + rounds latter all is well . Whatever where they thinking to use a non metal spring ????

Quote Originally Posted by Frank McFarquhar View Post
    I bought my XCR-L new . After firing about 2-3 boxes in a row ,the gun was now warm & would not extract , so jammed up.
    I replaced that ,,,,,,,,,, Rubber ( or whatever) spring behind the extractor for a real metal one , that I made up from stock.
    3,000. + rounds latter all is well . Whatever where they thinking to use a non metal spring ????
    HOnestly your guess is as good as mine on that one. That being said, there is really very little issue with the "rubber" causing issues.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314