Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: XCR-L spare parts kit recommendations

XCR-L spare parts kit recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    These will be available on our web site early next week.
    Thanks, you are special!!

Have a great weekend
    "If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems"
    Member: CSSA & the über-powerful CGN Gun Lobby
    كافر

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geer_Hoor View Post
    Hey Sprint, thanks. I personally didn't look at it as trying to defy the law, or somehow sneak my way around it. I also own a dpms panther and would seriously consider putting a 20" upper on it, but even in doing that, it would not make that firearm non-restricted... the lower being the registered part would remain restricted. My comment is that I would love the option to own an 11 or 12" threaded barrel. I've seen some photos and they're gorgeous. I even went to Robarms and asked how I could purchase a shorter barrel and I would have to go through the ATF and given that I'm Canadian its a no-go. I wouldnt care about registering a barrel either as that is where I shoot too. I realize that there is a small but diehard group of XCR owners, but that the fact that robarms already makes the barrels why couldn't a company like Wolverine import them and we just register the barrel?
    I think I read somewhere saying that Wolverine won't import shorter barrels because if they do...there is a high probability that ALL XCR will become restricted.
    What?

What's the operational difference between the old and new bolt catches? Does one last longer than the other?

Be nice to see recoil buffers both L and M

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    I think I read somewhere saying that Wolverine won't import shorter barrels because if they do...there is a high probability that ALL XCR will become restricted.
    This at best is a very grey area. The real problem is that the CFC are unable to register any firearm with more than one barrel, the problem arises when the “spare” barrel is a different caliber or length. Under the old RWS system multi caliber (barrel) guns were registered with the Certs labelled 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 and so on. The CFC gave me the run around when the long gun registry was in effect with a combo three barrel rifle shotgun set up. All three barrels were different, they were unable to register her correctly. The problem is compounded when by changing the barrel the class is also changed.

In the case of the XCR rifles we were advised that if barrels under 18.5 inches were sold then the easiest solution would be to classify all XCR as restricted regardless of barrel lengths. Scare tactics maybe, but after what we have experienced this year I believe as an importer and distributor that there are times when we should show due diligence and act with a degree of caution.

We will certainly sell you a short barreled (under 18.5 inches) XCR as a restricted firearm, you can also then purchase a longer barrel, if you then swap barrels and change the registration that is up to you. We feel this way we acting as a responsible importer.

Only the 16 inch barrel shares the same gas system as the 18.6 inch barrel. We can supply light 18.6 inch barrels so the difference is slight. Shorter barrels will require complete top half.

This is all further complicated as barrels are generally not controlled items. If you cut down a rifle or shotgun barrel to less that 18 inches you make it prohibited and handgun barrels under 105 mm are also prohibited, but otherwise there are no controls.

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivor2 View Post
    Be nice to see recoil buffers both L and M
    plenty of both in stock, please contact Sales@wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by brett033 View Post
    What's the operational difference between the old and new bolt catches? Does one last longer than the other?
    The new L bolt catch is the stronger M catch
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 11-04-2013 at 12:58 PM.

XCR-L spare parts kit recommendations

[QUOTE=Mr Wolverine;9292738]The new L bolt catch is the stronger M catch

Is there a way to tell without removing it?

There is now with the new photo.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 11-04-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: New photo added.
    "If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems"
    Member: CSSA & the über-powerful CGN Gun Lobby
    كافر

Quote Originally Posted by AWOL View Post
    Is there a way to tell without removing it?
    Yes, when viewed from the top, the head of the old style has parallel sides while the new style are tapered, my current photo does not show this well, I will add another photo ASAP.

Ill be waiting for the M parts kit.