Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: XCR-L spare parts kit recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    Sounds good. How much are we looking at?
    Price, best guess at this time would be $175.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    No, only some parts are common between the L and M. These kits will have to be caliber specfic as well.
    Great - good to know. Is there a chance of a comparable one for the M?

Quote Originally Posted by illae View Post
    Great - good to know. Is there a chance of a comparable one for the M?
    Yes I think we will go ahead with these, I will order the parts in bulk and make the kits up in house, it will take a while to put it all together due to the availability of some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Yes I think we will go ahead with these, I will order the parts in bulk and make the kits up in house, it will take a while to put it all together due to the availability of some parts.
    Very cool, sir. I appreciate it. I can be marked down for 1.

Post #36

I'm in too please.

I trust you'll be filling backordered buffers before selling the "AWOL XCR spare parts kit"

Quote Originally Posted by 9x19p View Post
    Post #36

I'm in too please.

I trust you'll be filling backordered buffers before selling the "AWOL XCR spare parts kit"
    What buffers are you back ordered on? I will check

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Same problem with my 7.62, bolt catch will slam shut with normal handling unless I push up on the catch to fully engage it. Seems like a common problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace604 View Post
    Fifth the bolt catch that comes up from your magwell. Often the action will slam shut on me when holding just the grip and hitting the stock with a light bump with my palm or just inserting a loaded magazine (not hammering it home either), my xcr is awating a new one from wolverine right now actually, though I am weary that it will fix the issue. I say this because, I have even had brand new ones come from dealers that didn't fix the problem at all, literally install and insert loaded mag (or just set it on a table with the action open) and it slams home without you touching the release or the operating handle. Ill have it sitting on the bench sometimes and it will simply suddenly slam shut while no ones near it and its on a bi-pod, not the range officers favorite thing to see happening either when its a cease fire. TBH getting sick of trying to figure this issue out and Robinson Arms wont get back to me, so Wolverine if you have any input on that issue please share. I have had gunsmiths look at it and they see nothing wrong. I have a new as of december xcr and a late 2011 model, both do it, even after installing new catches. both 7.62x39 with all stock internals and nothing done to the upper or lower or barrel. I am absolutely wishing for a solution but I see none in sight.

Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

AWOL - Thank you
    Wolverine - Thank you
    My gun fund - I'm sorry
    I'm down like a rodeo clown, Jack!
    As a sidenote, are the AR adapters RA made still available, or were they ever available as a spare part? I'm sure if you can get them and theyre not too expensive they would sell well.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Same problem with my 7.62, bolt catch will slam shut with normal handling unless I push up on the catch to fully engage it. Seems like a common problem.
    These bolt catches, like the M16 family of catches, are spring loaded to drop when the bolt carrier forward pressure is taken off them. It is not uncommon for the bolt to release when the mag is slammed in and certainly a blow on the butt will cause them to release but what you describe is different. I can only assume that for the bolt catch to release on its own, it was barely engaged and/or the angle of the mating surfaces is not correct. It might be partly the mag follower at fault but I would need to examine her to make any further comment.

I'll take a kit when it comes in too! ... Can you guys get the NEA adapter?