Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legality question

Does anyone know what section this info from the firearms act can be found in?
    Definition of a veteran - Whether active duty, retired, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, signed a blank check made payable to "The People of Canada", for an amount "up to and including my life."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Been covered many, many times so have confidence in the answers you are being given...

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...e=Mag%20Ruling

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm

The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.

Example:
    The Marlin model 45 (Camp Carbine) rifle chambered for 45 Auto caliber uses magazines designed and manufactured for the Colt 1911 handgun, therefore the seven round and eight round capacities are permitted. A similar example is the 10 round capacity magazine for the Rock River Arms LAR-15 pistol, regardless of the kind of firearm it is actually used in.

Thanks guys your responses are exactly what I was looking for!!!
    Definition of a veteran - Whether active duty, retired, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, signed a blank check made payable to "The People of Canada", for an amount "up to and including my life."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Good luck finding any in stock. Seem every is OOS.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Ya tell me about it ima try and order sum from wolverine if they get any in with there XCR's in a few weeks.

Here's a question that I've been wondering. What if it was a 20 round ar-15 mag pinned to 10 rounds but it fits in a xcr pistol version? would that be legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    Here's a question that I've been wondering. What if it was a 20 round ar-15 mag pinned to 10 rounds but it fits in a xcr pistol version? would that be legal?
    No it will have to pinned to 5 rounds or they can't sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    It has to be specifically designed for a pistol, I know it's kinda stupid, but that's the way the law works. since the 20 rounders were originally made for the rifle it's a no-go.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." – Bastiat
    Cogito ergo armatus sum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    ^ NO. Reason has been discussed to death.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12