Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICAL*** The Type 97NSR is Non restricted!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    These guys get it. I never use a safety or teach people to use it. You become complacent using them.
    I hope you dont teach many people.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    WHY DOES THE SAFETY POSITION MATTER?!

WHY DO YOU EVEN NEED A SAFETY? This is not a pistol your carrying "cocked and locked" due to a light trigger.

Proper muzzle and trigger control trumps all and is 100% safe.... anyone who is DUMB enough to rely on a mechanical safety should never be allowed to touch a gun, let alone own them!!!

You can walk around with the gun loaded just fine...follow the 2 golden rules and all is well. Its also MUCH faster then flipping off a safety ...if you even remember to flip it off before your first shot (many do not). If that is too scary for you then carry the gun with a loaded magazine and an empty chamber and just quickly rack in a round in when your ready to take aim.

I remove many safeties off my rifles as I find them useless and even more so provide a FALSE sense of "safety". They CAN be dangerous...how many people have be shot because "I thought the safety was on"?

Safeties and nothing more then the work of lawyers helping gun manufacturers cover this asses...just the like warning labels scribed into the gun...the days of guns that can fire when dropped if cocked and/or loaded is pretty much long over.

None of you are assassins who cannot make any noise racking the gun or going into combat with a group that requires use of a external safety so why does it matter anyways?
    All you guys not advocating use of a safety are amateurs. In a perfect world sure you can get away with it, but some of us live in the real world where murphy is a #####.

Last edited by Leonidas; 04-29-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: double post

Please inform me how being safe and smart with my firearms handling...has ANYTHING to do with being a poser? IF YOU RELY ON A MECHINAL SAFETY OVER PROPER HANDLING AND COMMON SENSE...IT WILL FAIL YOU ONE DAY!!!

THE ONLY SAFETY IS THE ONE BETWEEN YOUR EARS...sadly most do not have this.
    Not using a mechanical safety and alleging that this enhances safety is completely ludicrous; you are being rightly mocked because of this. No professional would "never use a safety" and if you did in fact use firearms in the course of your employment and intentionally neglected to use the mechanical safety I rather suspect that you would have been facing disciplinary action or perhaps employment termination if you were caught.

Contrary to what you may have been led to believe by Hollywood (you realize that Eric Bana is an actor and not actually a Navy Seal right?) armed professionals are trained and expected to use the safeties on their weapons. There are very good reasons for this. For example not using your safety on a range may be relatively consequence free, however having a readied weapon off safe while moving through dense bush, throwing yourself to the ground, running etc. is a negligent discharge waiting to happen. I suggest you re-evaluate your thinking on this.

Edited to ad;

jeffcarr88: I just looked at your profile and see that you state "army" as your occupation. As an army officer myself and also as qualified military RSO, I can tell you that if you were a soldier under my command you would be kicked off my range and likely charged if you intentionally disregarded the safety on your weapon. If you are in fact in the military I recommend that you grow up and follow your training.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    I am not talking about combat/military use...I am talking about average civvie use of the gun...

Don't point it at others, finger off the trigger...if you feel uneasy carrying the gun loaded then do not do so til it is ready to be used.

Service/Combat is a different role entirely...with RULES you HAVE to follow. But as we know...just because there are rules doesn't mean they are correct.
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    I hope you dont teach many people.

All you guys not advocating use of a safety are amateurs. In a perfect world sure you can get away with it, but some of us live in the real world where murphy is a #####.
    If you cannot control your firearm and are unable to keep it pointed in a safe direction, finger off the trigger then hope is lost for you...sell your guns...I have been doing this from age 6. Are you okay with poor muzzle and trigger control and guns being pointed at you because "the safety is on".

Amateurs are the ones you rely on pieces of sheet metal to protect them from dumb people...
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    While we are at it bullpups are illegal!!!

Lets not de rail the thread guys, enough is a enough

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Anyone have any lefty experience on these? I know it's been said it's 'okay for LH', but I'd like to hear some real feedback.

From the looks of the ejection port, I'd be mighty scared to shoot it with my traditional 'nose to CH' stance as a lefty!

I am not talking about combat/military use...I am talking about average civvie use of the gun...

Don't point it at others, finger off the trigger...if you feel uneasy carrying the gun loaded then do not do so til it is ready to be used.

Service/Combat is a different role entirely...with RULES you HAVE to follow. But as we know...just because there are rules doesn't mean they are correct.

I used firearms for work, 2 different jobs in the past and either I chose not to use the safety or the gun did not have one.
    ???

I feel like cutting down the carry handle when i get mine and replace with a long picatiny rail or something lol. The carry handle is too ugly

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian118 View Post
    I feel like cutting down the carry handle when i get mine and replace with a long picatiny rail or something lol. The carry handle is too ugly
    Except for the reciprocating charging handle at 12:00