Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5565676869707172737475

Thread: **OFFICAL*** The Type 97NSR is Non restricted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Igormon View Post
    This.
    Agreed.

OK. I'm not sure where that info comes from. My take would be that it is a copy cat of a Norinco QBZ made by a former/current airsoft manufacturer, EMEI. The closer tie to military (at least in looks, as I have yet to have my hands on one) would seem to be the Puma K12, though they went right to the FTU design, and yes it is a shotgun.

FTF is a big issue. Right now, the biggest issue. Especially when it is random. I think 1 magazine went from full to empty in 4 boxes - 25% FTF. Will be trying the feed ramp mod, but still trying to find either a better picture of what has been done, or just do a slow try and see. Stock mag and ATRS mag was used. ATRS might also need a small shaving. It fits as one expects a mag to fit where the stock one weebles and wobbles.

Don't get me wrong. I love the promise of a sub $1000 bull pup semi-auto, though I am really pissed at us paying so much and basically gambling on the result. Reminds me of some telescopes - but that's another story. It's a blast to shoot and accuracy at 75 to 100 meters is very promising, considering how many rounds actually fired, with more concern going to why did it jam than did I hit what I aimed at. I really hope that the feed ramp mod will bring the smiles back out. Besides, if it wasn't for the hope of this working, how could I afford getting a Puma (or maybe the Uzkon - wow), if I have to pay for a Tavor?

Nitro in the morning, gunpowder in the afternoon, cigars at night. Priceless.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    1.... 2 year bump....

2.... EMEI is Factory 26, Jianshe. They aren't just an airsoft company. They also do airsoft, but they were also the original factory for the chinese sks along with a whole slew of other military guns and contracts.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Thanks for that. Never heard the SKS connection.

As seems to be typical of these Chinese firearms, each batch that comes in seems to be a little bit better. The 13xx serial numbers seemed fraught with problems. My 14xx functioned reliably but the sight rail was out of alignment slightly. I have a 15xx now, and it looks to be perfectly built and actually has better springs than previous models, and the chamber mouth is "funneled" a bit (not sure of the correct term) for more reliable feeding. You can get them for ~$800 new in some places and I think that's a fair price.

The only mods I've ever had to do were because the magazine well was a little tight for some of my polymer mags (Not the magpuls, though!) Nothing a few minutes with a hand file couldn't fix.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post
    As seems to be typical of these Chinese firearms, each batch that comes in seems to be a little bit better. The 13xx serial numbers seemed fraught with problems. My 14xx functioned reliably but the sight rail was out of alignment slightly. I have a 15xx now, and it looks to be perfectly built and actually has better springs than previous models, and the chamber mouth is "funneled" a bit (not sure of the correct term) for more reliable feeding. You can get them for ~$800 new in some places and I think that's a fair price.

The only mods I've ever had to do were because the magazine well was a little tight for some of my polymer mags (Not the magpuls, though!) Nothing a few minutes with a hand file couldn't fix.
    My serial is 900 and other than filing the mag well a bit its running flawless. Never had an ftf/fte

Bonus. I was wondering if there was any order to serial numbers.
    All of them 8 numbers?
    The 13, 14 and 15 starting numbers, a batch or a year?
    Any 16 yet?