Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: i waited 4 long years for a T97

Yippee!

This thread makes me feel guilty.

I too had an old deposit on a type 97 before the prohib thing happened, but by early 2012 I lost all hope that the RCMP would come around with the re-classification, even when it came to new rifles. It wasn't that I lost faith in Canam, it was that I lost faith in the RCMP. Long story short, after three and a half years I reluctantly transferred my old deposit over to store credit and bought a big box of ammo with it.

It is truly impressive to see how many people held out to the end on this.

I suspect there will be plenty to go around.
    Its not a 70 year old milsurp, but a current product being cranked out in China.
    They are very good at MASS production.

Can anyone tell me the overall length of the T97?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
    Quick question...when these finally come will you be re-contacting all the old orders? I ask as I'm pretty sure my credit card info might be different from that long ago...and I don't see any way to update it on your website.
    i think we have to call , my address and CC had been changed since .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    OK, this post from NS has stopped me from dancing in the streets .

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Two importers of the same rifle?

There is a live FRT number for the T97NSR. They are already in production. Other importers can sell you hopes and dreams at $150 less, but until I see a FRT number I have a hard time believing you will see another variant of this rifle in 2 years let alone late summer.

Maybe guns using converted auto receivers are $150 less for good reason?
    so if canammo isnt buying T97 from NS then it will be another 2 more years before i see my T97 ? 6 freaking years ? WTF .

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    I suspect there will be plenty to go around.
    Its not a 70 year old milsurp, but a current product being cranked out in China.
    They are very good at MASS production.
    I sure hope so.
    Haven't got this excited about a new gun in along time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    So just received an email from Chris at CA, no deposit required for pre orders .... stated they will notify you when they come in. Yippie T97NRR money jar in progress

Please forgive my ignorance if this is obvious, but will this rifle being sold through Canam(Dominion Arms T97NRR Rifle) need to get its own FRT# or would the current NR approval apply to all type97s imported because they are the same rifle just a slight variance in name? I have a severe lack of knowledge of the import process and just looking for some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    OK, this post from NS has stopped me from dancing in the streets .

so if canammo isnt buying T97 from NS then it will be another 2 more years before i see my T97 ? 6 freaking years ? WTF .
    I would like to think that the process for classification for a rifle identically manufactured but rebranded would be slightly less involved than a newly developed rifle. I'm not familiar with the process, but it may simply involve adding the variants' name to the Pre-existing FRT. Either way, I feel confident it will not be 2 years behind NS's production rifle. That is more likely a statement trying to protect their interest in the rifle's sales. Unfortunately, the open market usually prevails.

Ask yourself if the Dominion Arms shotguns, rifles, and other NR firearms were 2 years behind their norinco variants in sales, and also why this case would be any different. Manufacturers want to manufacture, and dealers want to deal. What they do and say is usually a reflection of these two things. NS does not own the rifle's patents.