Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: i waited 4 long years for a T97

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    I would like to think that the process for classification for a rifle identically manufactured but rebranded would be slightly less than a newly developed rifle. I'm not familiar with the process, but it may simply involve adding the variants' name to the Pre-existing FRT. Either way, I feel confident it will not be 2 years behind NS's production rifle. That is more likely a statement trying to protect their interest in the rifle's sales. Unfortunately, the open market usually prevails.

Ask yourself if the Dominion Arms shotguns, rifles, and other NR firearms were 2 years behind their norinco variants in sales, and also why this case would be any different.
    Another wise man

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    As I suspect the NRR version will be a while, I have a simple idea. I will buy both. Bring it.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Would really appreciate some legitimate information on CanAm's T97NRR and whats going on with them. They are obviously a totally different rifle than North Sylva's T97NSR correct?
    When will production be starting on them, I don't care if it's 2 years like ns says I'd just like an honest answer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Well the site says delivery late summer/fall.
    Is it so hard to think that someone other than north Sylvia could be bringing the same rifle under a different name.
    They brought in outlaw shotguns... Then the next batch was called a jw2000... The same shotgun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garybusey View Post
    Would really appreciate some legitimate information on CanAm's T97NRR and whats going on with them. They are obviously a totally different rifle than North Sylva's T97NSR correct?
    When will production be starting on them, I don't care if it's 2 years like ns says I'd just like an honest answer.
    Not obviously. Could simply be a new decal on the side of the receiver, made by the same manufacturer, branded differently.

One says EMEI Type 97NSR. The other say Dominion Arms Type 97NRR. Would be as different as say, an Aero Precision AP15 lower and a Palmetto State Armory PA15 lower. For a while they were made in the same forge, just different stampings.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

What kind of investment doubles in four years? Please let me in on that one.
    ironically ammo.

Happy to see canam will be bringing these in, as the guy who did the original leg work (and got screwed for it) I will be buying one from him!

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    ironically ammo.

Happy to see canam will be bringing these in, as the guy who did the original leg work (and got screwed for it) I will be buying one from him!
    I appreciate this. We hope keeping the original price for pre-orders is enough reward for those who have stuck with us through all this.

For those looking for all the tiny details, I can appreciate your desire, but please understand we have weathered this for 4 years, and until they are sitting on my warehouse floor we will not be posting much info. Once bitten, twice shy. I hope you understand.

Also, if you want to call and chat, as many have, please try to call after 5pm West coast time, after the shippers have picked up for the day. I am here until 6:30.
    Last edited by CanAm; 04-29-2013 at 09:33 PM.

What's the cost for a preorder. Set dollar or %?
    Red Dragons!

0%, plus HST!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    OK, this post from NS has stopped me from dancing in the streets .
    so if canammo isnt buying T97 from NS then it will be another 2 more years before i see my T97 ? 6 freaking years ? WTF

Originally Posted by North_Sylva Two importers of the same rifle?

There is a live FRT number for the T97NSR. They are already in production. Other importers can sell you hopes and dreams at $150 less, but until I see a FRT number I have a hard time believing you will see another variant of this rifle in 2 years let alone late summer.
    Maybe guns using converted auto receivers are $150 less for good reason?
    Haven't really had much interest in these . But after reading your post with the quote from North Sylva I decided to get in line. I don't like arrogant dealers so for that reason & the obvious fact that Canammo is the one who got burned on the original shipment they got my order & I can wait till hell freezes over for a Canammo T97 before I'll order a North Sylva T97
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.