Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Type 81, heard they are coming to Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    And then the "I pay...anything" crew pipes in.
    I hear ya. That is all we need ... people who would pay anything. Dealers love these guys. Commie guns aren't worth $1000, I don't care what they are. $199 SKS's are indicative of that and these new guns should be $600-$800 tops for what they are.

More like "I'd pay an amount which I find suitable for a rifle relevant to my interests". God forbid someone have disposable income they want to put out for something they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    all your posts in this thread are negative and with no facts to back it up... like where did you read its a prohib?

They seem to operate more like an sks than a dragunov according to everything on the intarweb
    Its a stamped reciever rotating bolt and a gas piston that doesnt use a gas tube, and the recoil spring clips into te reciever. That reaks of dragunov the only thing sks is the charging handle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redshooter's Avatar
    The problem with what some think we should be paying is that it is based on prices for rifles purchased 10 years ago. Also some of the rifles in question were built around 50-60 years ago and are surplus and priced accordingly. If you look at prices for GMC 1/2 tons over the last ten years the price for a base model has gone up $10,000 (in the USA). This is the free market at work. Nothing can justify that increase in price other than corporate greed. It sucks, but that's life, no one says you have to buy one. I'm curious if there are any deals on a non-restricted semi autos based on a military rifle out there, if so what are they?

I'm not trying to say what is fair or what isn't. If you are saying an M-305 is anything but a gift at approx. $450 then you need to put down the pipe. If you have issues with buying Chinese products that's a whole other issue and should be stated as such.

If there weren't tens of thousands of SKS's sitting in storage what do you suppose they'd be worth? If you think the retail price of new production (an assumption on my part) should be based on what you will pay for a surplus rifle manufactured in the 1950's your just out to lunch...
    Last edited by redshooter; 11-18-2013 at 01:19 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    By the same token CZ 858s are often a rip. The unit cost is $150! I'm okay with $600 price tag (enough profit?). If its $1000 you're getting done. So is this rifle better than the CZ? I doubt it. But the high roller 'pay anything' crew can enjoy being a proud member of a small group getting picked off because there are few of you. FK. Nobody knows the history of gun banning in Canada?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

When I started buying/importing surplus guns, the freight cost more than the guns did. You had to take everything, good guns/parts guns. Then you sorted and sold them. You still ended up with a box of left over's. These same guns now go for $600/700.00 Original price was $70/100.00 retail. Some parts now sell for more than
    the original price for a complete surplus gun. If you think that there are cheap deals in surplus, there isn't. Europe now can buy and pay more than North America can
    currency wise and they do. A norinco m14 goes retail 1000 euro's M1 garand rifles are 1300 euro's Long Branch's 450 euro's. Surplus guns are all in the same range.
    Korea, if the do sell their guns, has more option's than just Canada and parts kits in America. The European's always have been big player's in surplus guns. They have
    the money to do the big deals. Remember, all of the european surplus guns came from them, including the Danish M1 Garand's.

I'd love to pick one of these up if they do end up being less an a G!

someone needs to call the firearms lab and see whats the hold up

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    By the same token CZ 858s are often a rip. The unit cost is $150! I'm okay with $600 price tag (enough profit?). If its $1000 you're getting done. So is this rifle better than the CZ? I doubt it. But the high roller 'pay anything' crew can enjoy being a proud member of a small group getting picked off because there are few of you. FK. Nobody knows the history of gun banning in Canada?
    How do you know the unit cost?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_250r View Post
    someone needs to call the firearms lab and see whats the hold up
    I think we can all agree that this process takes waaaaaay too long for what they are doing. It should take about a week...