Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Type 81, heard they are coming to Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDerp View Post
    Do these have significant advantages over the SKS to merit costing several times more? Or do you guys want them because they look cool?
    Apparently. Hence why the Chinese abandoned the SKS and the ak47 in favor of this gun after the Chinese vs Vietnam war of 1979.

Detachable mag, thumb safety on left side similar to an AR, and potentially non-restricted. Not a bad combo.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

can someone post a link ? can't find it anywhere

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    hhmmm..maybe i will just wait for this rifle instead of tacticooling up an old chinese sks! so it if very similar to sks internals?
    WTB: HK45C

Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    Pistol grip, better sights, lighter, removable magazines that are actually comfortable, others...

Depends on the person. Some people will swear by the SKS, others will like a MSR better. Just like most people I've met despise the 92FS because they say it's too large to fit in their hands, while I find it to be an awesome pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Apparently. Hence why the Chinese abandoned the SKS and the ak47 in favor of this gun after the Chinese vs Vietnam war of 1979.

Detachable mag, thumb safety on left side similar to an AR, and potentially non-restricted. Not a bad combo.
    Thanks for the info. I can see the appeal.

This would definitely be a cool rifle to own. I want to see how this plays out.

Here, take my money!!
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Regular
    Where on their web site ? I can't seem to find it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Here are the Type 81 threads.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...archid=2985368

As it isn't in yet, it isn't on their website as they (TI) have stated. When they have solid info, they will update.

This thread has a link to a review and history of the Type 81. All one could want to know.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...wpost&t=687580
    Last edited by fenceline; 04-30-2013 at 12:56 PM.

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan024 View Post
    hhmmm..maybe i will just wait for this rifle instead of tacticooling up an old chinese sks! so it if very similar to sks internals?
    The Type 81 incorporates elements of the Dragunov Sniper Rifle, SKS, and AK series rifles.

The rifle is cosmetically influenced on the Type 56 license produced AK-47, but with a SKS-like short-stroke gas-piston design and improvements to reduce the recoil and muzzle jump, giving better firing accuracy.The Type 81 rifle retains the general layout of AK-47 but isn't an improved variant of the license produced AK-47 (the Type 56); major differences include the positioning of the sights and stock of the rifle.

The most easily distinguishable feature is an exposed muzzle part of the barrel. The foresight is moved back for a modification to fire rifle grenades from the barrel.

There is a significant gap between the trigger guard and the magazine on Type 81 rifles, while on the Type 56 series the magazine is adjacent to the front of the trigger guard. The Type 81 rifle is a short-stroke gas-operated design, while the Type 56 are long-stroke designs.

On Type 81 rifles the non-detachable spike-shaped bayonet was also replaced with a detachable knife-bayonet.

Like its predecessors, the Type 81 is a series of weapons. The Type 81 and Type 81-1 are assault rifles with 30-round magazines and the heavier Type 81 squad machine gun fitted with a 75-round drum magazine is used in the squad automatic weapon (SAW) role.

The Type 81 was extensively upgraded. It can be fitted with a Picatinny rail, bipod, foregrip, flashlight, and much more.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_81_assault_rifle

just hope they get us a proper semi only reciever and ship them with NR barrels, they could use left over lmg barrels they are 20 inches add a bipod and its basically an lmg clone. the price kinda baffles me its a stamped gun yet they claim it costs more to make than the m14 sells at retail. its going to be made of mostly surplus parts doesnt add up.... we just have to remember the rcmp clearly goes by looks when it comes to ak look a likes. remember the armi jaeger ap80. this rifle is probably worth the 1199 though, the chinese are known for making thick recievers on their ak's this shouldnt be much different in terms of build quality.