Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Type 81, heard they are coming to Canada

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_250r View Post
    just hope they get us a proper semi only reciever and ship them with NR barrels, they could use left over lmg barrels they are 20 inches add a bipod and its basically an lmg clone. the price kinda baffles me its a stamped gun yet they claim it costs more to make than the m14 sells at retail. its going to be made of mostly surplus parts doesnt add up.... we just have to remember the rcmp clearly goes by looks when it comes to ak look a likes. remember the armi jaeger ap80. this rifle is probably worth the 1199 though, the chinese are known for making thick recievers on their ak's this shouldnt be much different in terms of build quality.
    I think the days of cheap Norcs are over. Look at the M4 its now 700 bucks!. I think even Norinco is finally getting the hint. Charge more money. Also the new laws that tax Chinese firearms won't help either.

Except the Nork M4 first came in around $899 and then the price went down from there.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Here are the Type 81 threads.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...archid=2985368

As it isn't in yet, it isn't on their website as they (TI) have stated. When they have solid info, they will update.

This thread has a link to a review and history of the Type 81. All one could want to know.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...wpost&t=687580
    From the 2011 review:

The Type 81 is employed in all branches of the Chinese military and the paramilitary. With the adoption of the 5.8x42mm round and the QBZ95 bullpup by the Chinese military, many thought the Type 81 would soon be withdrawn from service. However, the new bullpup production is sluggish, with only a half-million produced in the 10 years since it went into service, and now it, too, appears to be on the verge of a phase-out.

With the Type 97 now okayed for Canada and generating much excitement, I found this a curious comment. Of course it was made well over a year ago.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

YES PLEASE! With extra magazines!
    Anxiousness is the axeman of accuracy.
    IPSC and 3gun.

Now the decision is. Do I sell my vz58 now? Or wait until it maybe approved to sell it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian118 View Post
    Now the decision is. Do I sell my vz58 now? Or wait until it maybe approved to sell it.
    so... you are going to sell your vz for a rifle that one guy heard it was suposedly coming to canada and thats about all we know.

Ok bro. Ok.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    so... you are going to sell your vz for a rifle that one guy heard it was suposedly coming to canada and thats about all we know.

Ok bro. Ok.
    What do you mean supposedly???
    Look on Tac Imports site and you ll see!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

or at least thats whatcha tell the wife.... that you sold the Vz so you can get the 81

wink wink

they never check whats in the gun cabinet ... hahahaha

linky no worky...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tyockell18's Avatar
    They are working on bringing in the type-81, tactical imports made a thread like 6 months ago probing for interest and said they were working on it.

No speculation going on, they are going to bring them in and now we will just have to wait for classification status. Start saving, its very similar to an SKS and will most likely be good to go mechanically.

I'm just more concerned about having a non restricted version but the none LMG model is too short currently.