Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Type 81, heard they are coming to Canada

They operate nothing like an sks, they are almost identical to an svd dragunov

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    all your posts in this thread are negative and with no facts to back it up... like where did you read its a prohib?

They seem to operate more like an sks than a dragunov according to everything on the intarweb
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_250r View Post
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    Very pretty!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

BANNED
    daniel_250r reeks of controlled opposition

I'd easily pay $1200 for a type 81. Can't wait! Everyone on the thread is a penny Pincher if they're complaining about a very unique rifle that costs less than some U.S aks but does it better than an Ak

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    And then the "I pay...anything" crew pipes in.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redshooter's Avatar
    I read this thread now and then and just shake my head at what is obviously uninformed speculation. 15 min of surfing and I can see it is based on several different rifles but in essence it's an SKS with a rotating bolt. As for price, the fact that the Chinese have been "giving" us rifles for years doesn't mean that trend is going to continue. Their clones are a serious bargain! 1911's that make excellent starting points for assembling a custom pistol. M-14 clones that for the most part are excellent rifles, and for the money well worth the gamble that you may get one that needs tweaking. The CQ-A is a great rifle for the money, only recently have you been able to get an AR type rifle from other manufactures for a similar outlay of cash. I have no experience with the Type 97 but have held one and it feels solid, I'll bet that time will show it's just like the others, a few problems but on the whole a great rifle for the money.

By all accounts the SKS rifles made for the Chinese military where of a higher standard. IF the build quality of the Type 81 is on the same level and it's non-restricted I find it hard to believe that some would suggest that it MUST be priced in the range of $500-$600. If that's the case you go ahead and pay $2300-$2500 for an XCR or some other non-restricted that will cost you a few months rent.

Regardless of all the hot air we spew, until the RCMP rules...
    Last edited by redshooter; 11-18-2013 at 12:39 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    So...comparing a rip off to a major rip off? Some rifles are epic rip offs too. As a community our quest to 'feel rich' means less guns out there (thereby easier to ban). People do us a favour: buy a rigged our pick-me-up truck and clam up about your amazing gun purchasing power. In any case there is no reason this rifle could not be affordable. I bought a brand new SKS-D for $99 once. I'm sure P&D made profit on it. In the day new AKs were $400.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    So...comparing a rip off to a major rip off? Some rifles are epic rip offs too. As a community our quest to 'feel rich' means less guns out there (thereby easier to ban). People do us a favour: buy a rigged our pick-me-up truck and clam up about your amazing gun purchasing power. In any case there is no reason this rifle could not be affordable. I bought a brand new SKS-D for $99 once. I'm sure P&D made profit on it. In the day new AKs were $400.
    I'm not suggesting anything other than the market is what it is. I'll agree $1200 would be steep, $800-$1000 would be something I'd consider, the price of a CQ-A and I'm in.

As for a rip off, we can live in a dream where the Chinese keep working for hamburgers, but that's not going to happen. As for the $99 SKS-D those days are long gone, perhaps once everything is designed, built, and delivered by AI/Robots...

He'll people are paying close to a grand in some cases for a tikka t3 that 5 years ago was 400-500$ guns didn't change just the cost