Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baikal MP-446 Viking Parts

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Still will pay!!!

Steel framed Viking with 6 mags and the slide already machined and the adjustable sights put on and add the "flap" holster...would have one of the best and most complete packages out there. I'd take 2 and know a few buddies who would be all over it!!!

The #1 "issue" I hear people have with this gun that stops them from getting it is that they, like myself do not want to start shooting 147gr 9mm!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    ADDED...

Can you get us this?

ht tp://www.reloaders.co.nz/Baikal+MP446+Viking+Adjustable+Rear+Sight+

Solves all "issues" with shooting different grains of ammo outta the gun.
    Ohh wow, I would love that. I don't use my MP-446 as much as I would like because I am stuck with 124gr LRN in the winter (due to limitations of the local indoor range) and the POI is way off.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Weird, I've had no POI issues (with the lighter rounds I've shot) and am very happy with my Viking.

Supporting Dealer
    Factory put various size fixed rear sights on them. To the best of my knowledge they could be from size 0 to the size 6, where 6 is the highest. The size is stamped on the sight. My has the highest sight and still shoots low with light bullets. with 147 gr regular load and 124 gr +p+ it's dead on. I’m contacting NZ guys for info on adjustable sights.

with 147 gr regular load and 124 gr +p+ it's dead on.
    I always saw warnings online about using +P+ with this pistol. I have a steel frame model and it feels invincible, but I saw some warning about the polymer frame model and +P ammo.

I know the MP-443 can handle 147gr @ 45,000 PSI, but these MP-446 were supposedly built to a lesser civilian spec (whatever that means).

Supporting Dealer
    I spoke to Baikal chief engineer on this, according to him no any weakening, the differences between MP-443 and MP-446 are only in rifling and firing pin geometry. These are due to Russian police requirements, they want to distinguish signatures on bullets and primers. For the same reason on SKS sold to civilians in Russia factory inserting the pin into the barrel under the gas tube for the unique scratch on the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaPot2 View Post
    I spoke to Baikal chief engineer on this, according to him no any weakening, the differences between MP-443 and MP-446 are only in rifling and firing pin geometry. These are due to Russian police requirements, they want to distinguish signatures on bullets and primers. For the same reason on SKS sold to civilians in Russia factory inserting the pin into the barrel under the gas tube for the unique scratch on the bullet.
    That is great info, thanks! As with anything firearm related there is a lot of misinformation out there. Even the wiki page claims "the barrel was weakened to prevent discharge of high-powered armour-piercing military rounds".

Hopefully you will have some good news soon on those NZ adjustable sights.

Any progress on both the adjustable sights and flap holster?
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

Supporting Dealer
    I have bought that sight from NZ website...unfortunately, it won't work as a replacement without machining the slide.

I think if you did it in house...or sent the slides out for machining that it would sell. The ONLY thing holding me and my buddy back form buying one is the worry about the front sight height...as there is so many.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast