Thread: Sig Germany 516 Test Targets

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar

Sig Germany 516 Test Targets

Just wanted to share with you guys some of the test targets we have received with the last shipment of Sig Germany 516.

Sig 516 Patrol:

-3/4 MOA

Sig 516 Precision Marksman:

-Just over half MOA

These arent the best ones either. All Sig Germany 516's we have recived have been well under 1 MOA, which we find interested because they are not advertised as being sub MOA rifles.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Not to be a stickler for detail but the Sig 516 (patrol) on the top target groups a bit over 2 cm (in the vertical) but the distance is 45 m! This would translate to a bit over 2 MOA (around 2" at 100 yards). The target version is better but still not below 1 MOA, IF the grid is 1 cm as with most of European targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Just wanted to share with you guys some of the test targets we have received with the last shipment of Sig Germany 516.

Sig 516 Patrol:

-3/4 MOA

Sig 516 Precision Marksman:

-Just over half MOA

These arent the best ones either. All Sig Germany 516's we have recived have been well under 1 MOA, which we find interested because they are not advertised as being sub MOA rifles.
    "Because we, in contrast to the barbarians, never count the number of enemy in battle" Aeschylus 475 BC

it's 45 mm at 100 m distance.
    Piratepete <- german speaker
    Last edited by piratepete; 05-06-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before. Save time... see it my way.
    Well, I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Maple Leaf Pilgrim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
    Not to be a stickler for detail but the Sig 516 (patrol) on the top target groups a bit over 2 cm (in the vertical) but the distance is 45 m! This would translate to a bit over 2 MOA (around 2" at 100 yards). The target version is better but still not below 1 MOA, IF the grid is 1 cm as with most of European targets.
    If you read the page below you will see the term "Anschussdistanz", this means "shooting distance" when translated from German. The shooting distance is 100m.

You are so right, my mistake! Then, they group great.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Pilgrim View Post
    If you read the page below you will see the term "Anschussdistanz", this means "shooting distance" when translated from German. The shooting distance is 100m.
    "Because we, in contrast to the barbarians, never count the number of enemy in battle" Aeschylus 475 BC

I'm surprised they listed the bullet weight in grains. My German ammo comes as grams.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before. Save time... see it my way.
    Well, I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slave ship just goes in circles.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
    also the target reads 45mm not m... which would be basically point-blank

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is Sig open to suggestions? I'd like to see them re-brand and slightly modify the precision model by putting a longer handguard on it and a flash hider too. Market it as a DMR and I'd buy one. The accuracy is impressive.

Wow, awesome accuracy!!!