Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cool Website For Norinco Fans.......

I'd be alllll over a 45 Mauser and both those revolvers!

CGN Regular
    Damn, there is so much want on that page! I'm really digging the look of one of the Type 64s... Looks pretty badass.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    45ACP Mauser..... I'd just finished reading an article about China's love for the Mauser C-96 in the early part of the last century too.
    I'd buy one in .45ACP or 9mm in a heart beat!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mini_cal View Post
    Damn, there is so much want on that page! I'm really digging the look of one of the Type 64s... Looks pretty badass.

x2...cool gun!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    An affordable (and I don't necessarily mean </=$350), well fettled and utterly functional C-96 and P-08 would be my two desires. I love the eclectic, and have no interest in being a collector. I suppose it'll always remain just a fantasy, however.
    Not gonna get "complex" guns for that cheap...sadly...

Their Luger copy isn't too great...according to John from Marstar.

I'd "pay" a proper amount for a quality piece. $600-$700 isn't out of the books if its done well. Sure beats the $1,200 + for the originals...that you'd want to baby to have them retain their value.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    Not gonna get "complex" guns for that cheap...sadly...

Their Luger copy isn't too great...according to John from Marstar.

I'd "pay" a proper amount for a quality piece. $600-$700 isn't out of the books if its done well. Sure beats the $1,200 + for the originals...that you'd want to baby to have them retain their value.
    One very important thing to keep in mind.......

Most all of the original imports of Norinco pistols from years ago were crude and rough and sloppy fitting based on countless statements from owners. HOWEVER, they have improved in quality control across the board every year since. So much so, that the latest versions coming in which are more like new generation Norincos, are getting very close to the originals and in most cases made from better steel and will outlast the original models. And Norinco accuracy has always been very good for the price.

So I would stand to reason that if they did a re-tooling on a .45 mauser we could expect the very same track record of continued improvement from Norinco. At least those are my thoughts anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Lock_Time View Post
    Judging from the content of the site I would say this is not actually a listing of "Norinco" products, which I have come to believe from reading this forum, doesn't actually manufacture anything as a brand anyway. I think they just market products made by various Chinese arms factories.

The site seems to be a list of almost everything ever made by every country, so I doubt that the tooling still exists in China to make a broomhandle Mauser pistol. Just as how I don't think they are equipped to manufacture "Chiang Kai Shek" Mauser rifles anymore.

As much as I'd love to have a (relatively) low cost restricted length Mauser pistol in a popular caliber......
    You're right about that. It's just a database of rifles from across the world. Still cool though! I think a bunh of people got excited by te mauser, no wonder they want one! I've wanted one ever since I saw the first one in a movie. I don't even remember the movie but I definetly remember the gun.

Thanks for sharing :D

Naturally the gun I want is the first featured (.45 C96 clone)
    CCFR

CGN Regular
    Sights like this make me drool and buy other guns I probably shouldn't...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123