Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tavor shipment ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff T View Post
    Sorry if addressed in another post, but I wonder if Canada pricing has adjusted for US Tavor pricing and recent releases. Or perhaps there are dynamics in the canadian market I need to understand for the 20-30% pricing diff.
    Thesecomes that are coming are made in Isreal and NON restricted. The ones in the US are made in US and RESTRICTED.
    I doubt they will adjust their pricing. They were selling the RESTRICTED US made tavors on Irungun for $2000? So that is $2000+ importing fee ($100) and plus conversion rate..that will probably bring you up to $2200.
    What?

Right. Thanks Andrew. Makes sense. Time to save up for the diff.

The American Tavor issue aside, I do wonder if IWI will lower Canadian export prices later this year when the T97 comes on the market, purely for competitive reasons. Not saying I expect it, just curious.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I highly doubt it because you are comparing a Lamborghini to 1990 Nissan 300ZX of bullpups.
    Besides, I think that the huge price difference to the American Tavor lie with North Sylva being the middle man for ours. In the U.S. the Tavor is manufactured by IWI U.S. then sent to local gun shops I believe. Ours gets made over seas, so it also has the cost of shipping exponentially as well I am sure North Sylva is taking a healthy chunk for putting up with us/me being impatient.
    What I do find really disappointing is the fact that the Americans get to run with 2 different caliber conversion kits and Quick detach sling mounts. For $634 less then what I am paying before taxes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson23 View Post
    The American Tavor issue aside, I do wonder if IWI will lower Canadian export prices later this year when the T97 comes on the market, purely for competitive reasons. Not saying I expect it, just curious.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Doubt the tavor prices will drop. There are other non restricted/bullpups that you can buy if you cant afford the tavor..
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I highly doubt it because you are comparing a Lamborghini to 1990 Nissan 300ZX of bullpups.
    Touche. I laughed out loud.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    They both have a place in the gun cabinet and in theoretical use. I think I want a T97NSR just because it would be great gun to ride around in the truck or tractor without the worry of damage for yotes, gophers, etc. And will still take Beowulf mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson23 View Post
    Touche. I laughed out loud.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Whoa, whoa, whoa there fella's...

...let's not be comparing a TAVOR to a Lamborghini!
    Other than personal, and rather obvious bias, TAVOR should be granted the status of being compared to the pinnacle of automotive engineering => Porsche... Thrash it hard around a track all day, all week, all month and then drive it home and pick up the groceries... that's the TAVOR.
    Lamborghini? You'll be lucky to be pushing two hot laps without a check engine light :P

Lol, Porsche. If ever there was a gun to be designed like a Porsche, it would be this...

Not the tavor.

Quote Originally Posted by J_f_oko View Post
    Lol, Porsche. If ever there was a gun to be designed like a Porsche, it would be this...

Not the tavor.
    That my friend is a Beretta... it's Italian!
    Thanks for making my point even more clear - Hahaha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast