Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: beretta ARX 100

Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    ^^^okay, okay...I didn't mean adopting U.S. laws/regulations. Just saying that if something has been available down there for months/years, there's no need for a lengthy classification process up here. The commercial Beretta sold there would be the same one sold here.
    +1 RCMP lab must be close.

At least 7.62x39 is still affordable to shoot, and also this rifle looks really easy to take down and change. That with caliber conversion, with it's ambi nature, it will be a winner if it comes in NR and under or around the 2k mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Why do so many people want one in 7.62x39?
    Here we have the latest greatest space gun and you ask for it in a crappy old cartridge designed in 1943 that most buy corrosive?
    Why not ask for it in a modern cartridge like the 300 blackout which provides the same ballistics when shooting 110-125gr rounds but can also run up to 220gr subsonics?
    If you can afford a modern$2000+ rifle you should be able to feed it something healthy.

I already own an ACR and love it but since these won't be hitting our shelves for at least a year that's plenty of time to save up for another new rifle. I'll take a NR .223 with a 300BLK NR barrel.
    Last edited by xdmer; 05-16-2015 at 02:13 PM.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

How are our 5/10 round short mags gonna work with that baby bump, looks like one long ride to seat.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

I would definitely take one of these.
    And one for my brother as well.
    We'd both pay under 3k happily.
    Click, Bang.

I had a pretty quick response from the lab when I asked about this rifle.

Here is the response I got on July 24th. Not too much in the way of useful info but at least it is on their radar:

The legal classification of the Beretta Model ARX100 is not known at this time. This firearm is the semiautomatic version of the Beretta ARX160 full automatic assault rifle. A sample is presently under inspection to confirm the legal classification.
    Semiautomatic versions of automatic firearm requires physical inspection before a legal classification is assigned. All opinions concerning the classification of firearm recorded in the Firearms Reference Table (FRT) database are very carefully considered, take into account all information available at the time and a founded entirely on the classification provisions in the Criminal Code and supporting regulations as enacted by parliament.

The time it takes to complete assessments of firearms depends on the complexity of the firearm, the thoroughness and clarity of the manufacturer's data package and the quantity of work on hand.

Hope this help

Daniel Guay
    Senior Firearm Technician / Technicien en armes à feu, Senior
    Firearm Technology Unit, Supervisor/ Superviseur du Groupe de la technologie des armes à feu
    Royal Canadian Mounted Police / Gendarmerie royale du Canada
    Canadian Firearms Program / Programme canadien des armes à feu

all i heard is "blah blah blah keep waiting"

FRT number for the ARX100 is 143581 and all versions have been classified as Prohibited CC84(1) para. (c).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by panzer1 View Post
    +1 RCMP lab must be close.
    I would like an unbiased analysis of how the RCMP firearms classification history has reduced crime in Canada.

Anybody have updated news on the availability/classification on this rifle. Would love to get my hand on this beauty.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by 1abndt View Post
    anybody have updated news on the availability/classification on this rifle. Would love to get my hand on this beauty.
    frt# 143581

prohib..
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com