Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: To whom it may concern:

Phone them. They eventually will answer. I had awesome service and ship time from them recently on some of those MSAR mags
    NFA and CSSA Member
    PCHFC and DVC Range Member
    IPSC, LEAP, PPC and Trap Competition Shooter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Dlask doesn't appear to respond to emails.

I asked to buy a bunch of 10/22 parts... crickets... no response. Gee thanks guys!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    my 2 BCG's did eventually arrive (one actually before accepting EMT!) but communication was almost non existent

also the NiB BCG does not fit because the gas key was coated on the inside and will not fit over the gas tube. The phosphate BCG fits but its tight and actually jammed my rifle after less than 50 rounds because of fouling. I wont be bothering with trying to get it fixed through them thought

CGN Regular
    I called on Friday and actually got through, unfortunately they still don't have the missing piece of my order, and it won't be back in stock for "atleast a few days", fairly disappointed at this point, since my order has been a chain of headaches at this point.

Got a reply to my texts today advising my order will ship today. Hopefully everyone else's issues will start to sort out as well.

Worst customer service. Just ignore the customer.....perfect!

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    Dlask doesn't appear to respond to emails.

I asked to buy a bunch of 10/22 parts... crickets... no response. Gee thanks guys!
    ... to emails I agree but I called them, got someone on the horn right away, was allowed to talk to the gunsmith and placed an order for one of their 8" 10/22 non-restricted rifles. They had all the parts and figured it would take a week plus shipping - I actually got it today which makes the total process less than a week total as I ordered it the middle of last week. Was very surprised to see it at the post office so damn quick. I guess you could say that's poor communication since I got it so much quicker than they said but I aint complaining! I was more than satisfied obviously and would use Dlask again.

I'm pretty picky with customer service but have an understanding that certain businesses prefer one communication type to the other - from the sounds of most of these posts, telephone is the way to go. Also, I think it might be more of a Mom and Pop operation (just guessing) and if you call up Mom and are rude, Dad aint gonna build you a gun real quick. Not saying that anyone here was rude, but if the tone of some of these emails was used in a telephone conversation, I think they'd rather serve someone else.

I sent a (polite) email over a month ago, inquiring about a complete 10/22 build, 0 response. If you ask for inquiries by email, then someone should be monitoring the email; best way to go out of business is to ignore customers who want to spend money on your product......
    It is up to all of us to maintain what so many have fought and died to gain

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by 49Reo View Post
    I sent a (polite) email over a month ago, inquiring about a complete 10/22 build, 0 response. If you ask for inquiries by email, then someone should be monitoring the email; best way to go out of business is to ignore customers who want to spend money on your product......
    lol I like the 'polite' in brackets . Anyway, yes I agree with you its not a good way to run a business and I would I'm sure endeavor to run it differently if it were mine. That being said, these guys seem to be a smaller custom shop that puts out some pretty unique stuff. I'm totally guessing on all this but I think that the business was likely started around a specific skill set - custom gun work. So you're Joe Blow who knows how to craft up some wicked stuff and want to make a living out of it. Do you hire 50 employees, give em all a real nice benefit packages and make sure no one works more than 7.25 hours per day? That's not how small business works (unless Daddy Morebucks wants Jr. to get out of the house and make his own way in the world). So these guys are likely a small group of folks that are working their butts off trying to make a go of it. Not our problem as a consumer you say. That's true to be sure but the way I look at it, there is a very specific skill set and product niche these guys are taking care of so IF I really want what they provide, I'll support them and deal with the inconveniences.

For me its similar to having to wait 15 minutes at Corlane's to speak with a gunsmith. Do I wish they were at my beck and call (is that how you write that? too lazy to check , yes I do but I don't have a problem with it because they produce what I want - awesome rifles. Do I want to have that wait reduced to 5 minutes by them hiring more smiths and thusly having to charge me an extra $1K for my rifle, nope. Anyway, I'm not trying to convince anyone to spend time or effort on something they don't want but if you do want what someone provides and would be hard pressed to find it anywhere else (esp when we're talking Canada!) a little perspective is important. Its like 3AM and the bar is closing - she'll do!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer the_klenzer's Avatar
    If for only to remove the complaints about their not answering emails, they should take down their email address.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast