CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dustin's Avatar
    LOVE hearing about this stuff.
    Political Correctness offends me

"It hurt my feeling (I only have one left)"-Stormbringer

I need more Colts...

Tip of the Hat to both you and TSE.

Thanks
    Mike

Your contribution to the shooting sports for young people is just awsome H and hats off to TSE also.

BANNED
    Fantastic.. good on you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Great news to hear.

CGN Regular
    Always nice to hear about local companies supporting things like this.

BANNED
    Thought I posted this here, guess I forgot:

BANNED
    Hat's off to you both.

BANNED
    As if it wasn't enough that TSE donated all those prizes and ammo for our Young Guns program, he also donated a full membership in support of the Buffalo Target Shooters Associations 19th Annual fundraiser for the Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation.

I think HUGE thanks are in order to JR and the TSE Team for their long standing support of this event.

I've been a member of the BTSA for 6 years, and EVERY year, there has been a full membership donated by TSE that is always the top prize for the person who raises the most money for the Children's Hospital.

It is so important for the future of shooting that those of us involved in the shooting community reach out beyond the stereotypical demographic associated with shooting, and not get wound up in pointless, partisan debates that propagate false and negative personifications about us and turn away people who would otherwise become passionate about the sport (or at the very least, become actually informed about it).

Shooting should be a warm, welcoming community, not a private, closed fraternity.

TSE GET's it, and the way they conduct business really shows.

Again, my sincerest thanks, TSE!
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 06-01-2013 at 12:41 AM.

BANNED
    We hosted our Second Young Guns Match this past Saturday, July 13 at our Action Range.

I was not expecting a big turnout, what with the Stampede, the Floods, and Summer Dole drums. In advance, a good number of our volunteers had to work overtime to fix some important infrastructure on account of the flood (absolutely not a knock against them - we all have REAL jobs to do!).

As match director, I was feeling quite out of it with a rough night's sleep (after my 2 year old decided to stay up a little bit past her bed time) and needed an emergency Red-bull generously donated by one of the volunteers to get my head on straight.

By 9:45 am only 3 shooters and 6 volunteer RO's had shown up and we were just going to call it a day and let everyone just plink (which itself wouldn't have been a bad day).

Much to my delight, right as I was starting my safety briefing, 4 families with 4 kids each showed up. With 18 Young shooter, it was on!

Our course of fire was best 2 targets, 5 round groupings with a .22 rifle at 40 yards AND best 2 targets, 6 round groupings with a .22 handgun at 10 yards.

I have tabulated the results of the scored component and will be sending out prizes to the top 3 shooters.

We broke for lunch, including an amazing cake donated by one our volunteer's wife featuring some chocolate bullets The Shooting Edge had generously donated to the club earlier. The kids loved it, both the cake and the chocolate! During lunch, we also distributed a loot bag, including some great prizes also donated by TSE.

Later in the afternoon, we set up a Steel Challenge Stage and had exhibition strings for the young shooters.

We also did a demonstration underscoring the importance of practicing safe firearms handling techniques by showing the effects different caliber rounds have against milk jugs filled with water (the human body is 60-70% water after all... I misquoted it as 90%). Each time, after shooting a jug with a .22, a .45 ACP, a .223, and a 12 gauge (the explosive effect of the latter two got quite a few "whoa's!"), after clearing the guns and calling the line safe, I showed the kids the mangled milk jugs saying "this is why we practice safe firearms handling techniques."

At the end of the day, the kids walked away with big smiles on their faces.

I am working on another video montage featuring some awesome My Little Pony dance music (with Pinkie Pie - the pony on the shirt I wore to the match) that I will publish some time this week.

A big thank you to all the volunteers who showed up and help.

Another big thank you to The Shooting Edge for all the material and moral support.

Last but not least, a big thank you to the kids and their families who showed up!

Our next match is August 17th, 2013.

For more information, please check out our site here: http://www.btsa.ca/matches/index.php...ooting-program

Pics to follow!
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 07-15-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast